- 1 hr ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 2 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 4 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- News UPSC ESE 2020 final result declared
- Movies Shaadi Mubarak Actor Manav Gohil Tests Positive For COVID-19; Makers Working On A Few Parallel Tracks
- Finance High Dividend Yield Stocks May Not Be The Right Choice: Here's Why
- Technology OneWeb Signs MoU With Kazakhstan Government To Offer Broadband Services
- Sports IPL 2021: Sangakkara backs Samson's decision to retain strike for last ball
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 With Dual-Channel ABS To Be Launched Soon; Prices Set To Increase Again
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Are you one of those who have long hours of sitting jobs? Then for sure you might have had lower back pain at some point of time. If you have, then take up paschimottanasana, a yoga asana which has been found to be one of the best ways to strengthen the lower back.
There are also another group of people like the sports persons who are prone to back injuries and have the pain.
Also Read: Yoga Asana To Strengthen Knees And Ankles
Painkillers and pain relief sprays are available, and this might, of course, provide instant relief for the time being. But recurrence of the pain is expected further.
So if you are looking out for a long term and natural way to make the back strong, then yoga would be the best option.
Paschimottanasana also known as the seated forward bend pose, is one asana that helps to make the lower back strong.
Also Read: Yoga to Get Flat Tummy
The word Paschimottanasana is derived from the Sanskrit word 'Paschim' which means west, 'Uttana' which means stretched out and 'Asana' which means pose.
The step-wise procedure to perform Paschimottanasana is discussed here. Have a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Paschimottanasana:
1. To begin with, sit on the floor with your leg stretched in front of you.
2. Make your spine erect and straight.
3. Slowly stretch and raise both your arms up above your head.
4. Take a deep breath and then bend forward with your hip and lower body intact on the floor.
5.Try to move towards your toes and move forward.
6. Slightly lift your head up and strengthen your spine.
7. Try to stretch your arms in front of you.
8. Then slowly drop your head down and take deep breaths for a few seconds.
9. Slowly come out of the position and lower the arms.
10. Repeat the same for about 4-5 times.
Other Benefits Of Paschimottanasana:
It helps to reduce stress.
It helps to stretch the spine.
It helps in constipation.
It helps to stretch the hamstrings.
It helps to reduce fats in the abdomen.
It helps to calm the mind.
It helps in digestion problem.
It helps to tone the abdominal organs.
Though Paschimottanasana is known to help in strengthening the lower back, it should not be practised by those suffering from slip disc problem and also those having sciatica. It is always better to practise this asana under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.