At some point of time all of us might have experienced some form of stress. It is one of the most common health issues. If it happens only once, then probably we can ignore it, but it becomes a cause of concern when it starts occuring quite often.
In order to deal with it, you might have tried several stress relieving measures, but all of those were short lived. So if you are looking for a long term solution then taking up yoga, would be one of the best options.
Also Read: Yoga to Get Flat Tummy
Among all the yoga asanas, marjariasana which is commonly known as the cat stretch pose helps to relieve stress when practised over a period of time.
Right from children to adults and the elderly, stress seems to be common. It can be caused due to studies, work pressure, family, etc.
Also Read: Yoga Asana To Strengthen Knees And Ankles
Hence, identifying the cause of stress and taking care of it is extremely important. If not taken care of on time, it might lead to other serious health issues like headaches and insomnia or it might also lead to depression.
Here is the step-wise procedure to perform the asana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Marjariasana:
1. To begin with, from your standing position get down and kneel on the floor.
2. Rest both your palms on the floor.
3. Put your legs slightly apart from each other.
4. See to it that your thighs are vertical.
5. The lower part of the leg should lie on the floor.
6. Take a deep breath and make sure that your shoulder is relaxed.
7. The head should be in between the shoulders and the back bending forming an arch.
8. Slowly move your head down with your spine slightly bent downwards.
9. As you do this, make sure that you feel the stretch on your neck, back and the shoulders.
10. Repeat this asana for a few times.
Other Benefits of Marjariasana:
1. It helps to stretch the spine and make it flexible.
2. It helps to stretch the back muscles.
3. It helps to stretch the abdominal organs.
4. It helps in digestion.
5. It helps those suffering from spondylitis.
6. It helps in purifying the blood.
7. It helps in correcting the body posture.
Marjariasana has a lot of health benefits but one should be cautious while performing this asana. Those who have had a recent head injury should avoid this asana. It is always best to practise any asana under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.