- 15 min ago 60 Healthiest Foods You Should Eat Every Day
- 1 hr ago Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- 1 hr ago 22 Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves: Side Effects And How To Use
- 2 hrs ago Chandrashekhar Azad's Death Anniversay: 11 Facts About The Brave Freedom Fighter
- News Pleas seeking FIR against Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka, others for alleged hate speech moved in Delhi HC
- Technology Huawei P40 Lite Debuts As Rebranded Nova 6 SE: Price And Specifications
- Movies Surprise Celebrations For Bhumi Pednekar On The Sets Of Durgavati! Pic Inside
- Sports Revealed: Plans for Tuwaiq Trophy at WWE Super Showdown 2020
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Finance You Will Soon Be Able To Buy Mutual Funds Directly From Exchanges
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Our eye needs regular exercise, so that it can function properly on daily basis. We have never thought about eye exercising because our brain tends to focus only on the body mostly that is buidling muscles and bones or losing weight.
Eye exercise, on the other hand, is also extremely important for your eye and you don't need to attend any gym or training center for it. Eye exercise can be done at home, in fact, you can do it now while reading this post.
Here, we mention to you some of the best eye exercises that help maintain a healthy eyesight. Check them out!
1. The Eye Roll
The eye roll exercise is one of the best exercises that you need to do to maintain a healthy eyesight. It just needs 1-2 minutes to do this exercise and finish off. Keep your eye straight and start rolling it clockwise and then anti-clockwise. Do the eye roll very slowly, so that it does not strain your eye and allows the muscles to be stretched easily? Do this for a few minutes every day in the morning and before going to bed.
2. Hot And Cold Compress
Another easy exercise that will help to maintain healthy eyesight is the hot and cold compress. Take one bowl filled with hot water and another filled with cold water. Now dip a small cloth and drain out the excess water from it. Place this cloth on your eye and eyebrow for some time. Keep it until you feel the warmth of your eye. Now repeat the procedure with cold water as well. Repeat doing this five times with each side.
3. Moving Finger
Moving finger is an exercise which is often prescribed by a doctor for those who are suffering from weak eye muscles. To begin with, sit at one place in a relaxed position. Now, place your thumb or index finger in front of your nose and start focussing on the tip of the nose. Without taking your eye away from the nose, move your hand slowly away, until it reaches the arm length. Now, bring the finger close to the nose and place it in the first position. Do this four to five times to strengthen your eye muscles.
4. Eye Bounce
What does body do while bouncing? It simply moves up and down and the same goes well with the eye. Simply move your eye up and down and repeat doing this for a few minutes, as if you were actually bouncing your eyes. Do this for a few minutes, as this will help to release the tension from your eye muscles. You can do this exercise in the bedroom, office or even in the bathroom. Do this regularly in the morning or at night before going to bed.
5. Shuteye Exercise
Shuteye exercise not only helps to strengthen your eye muscles; but also keeps your eye hydrated all the time. This exercise can be done within a few seconds that is in office, home or while you are sitting. Open your eyes wide and quickly squeeze the eyelids and shut down. Hold this position for a few seconds and squeeze it once again. Do this for 5-6 times in a day to keep your eye feeling refreshed and hydrated.
Why Is Eye Exercise Important:
Eye exercises should be practiced by everyone; but it should be taken seriously by a few people because eye exercises can help treat a lot of problems, which are as mentioned below.
- To treat short-sightedness
- Excessive blinking
- Poor eye vision
- Lazy eye
- For those who have gone through an eye surgery
- For those with an eye injury
- Double vision