- 5 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 18 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 48 min ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- 1 hr ago UK Lesbian Couple Becomes The First To Carry Their Child In Both Their Wombs
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019: BJP retains majority after winning 6 seats
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Sports Rishabh Pant gets backing from Brian Lara, Kevin Pietersen
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Movies Ranveer Singh Kisses Shahid Kapoor On The Cheek And Shuts Down Rumours Of Cold War!
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Chicken is the most popular meat which is eaten all over the world. In fact, most people prefer eating chicken to mutton and that is one of the reasons it has made its place in all the Indian meals.
A part of the chicken which is the chicken breast is also enjoyed by many. Chicken breast is skinless and boneless that is high in protein, which makes it perfect for weight maintenance.
Half a chicken breast comes with 142 calories and only 3 grams of fat. Also, additionally, you can get a plentiful supply of essential vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. Minerals are found in small quantities like iron, calcium, zinc and potassium, which are also present in chicken breast.
Chicken breast can be eaten by cooking it or grilling and baking it. Now, let's have a look at some of the health benefits of skinless chicken breast.
1. High In Protein
Chicken breast is high in protein and the quantity of protein found in 100 grams of chicken breast equals to 18 grams. Protein is required for building strong muscles and also in preventing muscle loss. The daily recommended intake of protein is 1 gram, so chicken breast will fulfil that requirement.
2. Minerals And Vitamins
Chicken breast is packed with minerals and vitamins. It contains vitamin B, which is useful in preventing problems like cataracts and different skin disorders, it helps eliminate weakness, boosts immunity, regulates digestion, prevents heart disorders, and high cholesterol among others.
3. Weight Loss
Chicken breast is excellent for weight loss, which is why it is mostly recommended for weight loss purposes. A weight loss diet plan comprises of high levels of protein-rich foods, which are effective in losing weight. Since chicken breast is high in protein, it keeps your stomach full.
4. Blood Pressure
Did you know chicken breast can regulate blood pressure? Yes, that's true! Consumption of chicken breast has proven to be useful in regulating the blood pressure. People suffering from hypertension can consume chicken breast.
5. Reduces The Risk Of Cancer
Studies have shown that eating chicken breast can reduce the risk of cancer, especially colon cancer. Consuming chicken breast more often compared to red meat can lower the risk of cancer to a certain level.
6. High Cholesterol
The amount of cholesterol and saturated fat found in red meat is comparatively very high as compared to chicken breast. Eating chicken breast can reduce the risk of high cholesterol and different kinds of heart diseases. So, enjoy your meal by including chicken breast to lower the chances of stroke.
7. Natural Anti-Depressant
Chicken breast is rich in amino acids known as tryptophan, which relaxes your body instantly. If you are feeling depressed, sad or suffering with tension and pressure, eating chicken breast will boost your brain's serotonin levels, and thereby improve your mood and eliminate stress.
8. Boosting Metabolism
Chicken breast contains vitamin B6 that promotes metabolic cellular reactions and enzymes, which means that consuming chicken breast will maintain the health of your blood vessels. It will also keep your energy levels high and boost metabolism, so that your body can burn more calories.
9. For Strong Bones
The high protein content in chicken breast helps in decreasing bone loss. Consuming 100 grams of chicken breast will be sufficient in fulfilling half of your daily protein intake. The phosphorous present in chicken breast will help in keeping your bones, teeth and the central nervous system strong.
10. A Toned Figure
If you are bulky and aspire to have a muscular and toned body, then consume chicken breast. Chicken breast is high in protein that will help to tone your body muscles and give you the desired shape. However, ensure to balance it out with enough macro and micronutrients in your diet.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, then don't forget to share it.