If you have plans to fast during this navratri then this is for you. Fasting is a good way to cleanse your system and get rid of the toxins in your body.
It is healthy to fast once in a while but the problem is with acidity. How to deal with acidity when you are on a fast?
Also Read: Natural Ways To Treat Acidity
Some people experience pain in the throat or stomach when acidity hits them during a fast. That is when one doubts whether to break the fast abruptly or silently endure the burning sensation in the stomach. Here are some tips to help.
Note: Consult your doctor before you start fasting.
The fibre and antioxidants present in musk melon help a lot in fighting with the symptoms of acidity. It soothes the stomach and reduces acidity.
Coconut water is one of the best remedies for acidity as it can normalise the pH levels and flush the toxins out.
Also Read: What To Do For Acidity Problem?
The potassium content in bananas can do a good job in reducing the symptoms of acidity. It can also alter the pH levels of the stomach.
Though it may sound strange, sipping a cup of hot water on regular intervals can also reduce the acidity. Try it out during the fasting period.
If you have burning sensation in the stomach, drinking cold milk can reduce it as it can absorb the acids there. Don't mix sugar while drinking the milk.
Buttermilk can do a good job in relieving acidity. A cup of butter milk or curd can help soothe the stomach. It has a cooling effect which can reduce irritation.
Increase fluid intake. Sip water or broth on regular intervals. If acidity persists even after following these tips, consult a doctor.
- Things To Follow/Avoid On A Chaitra Navratri
- Significance Of Chaitra Navratri
- VijayaDashami- Melting Pot Of Celebrations
- Tips That Pregnant Women Must Follow During Durga Puja
- 7 Mindblowing Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- Navratri Special: Bring Uniqueness To Your Chania Choli
- Gupt Navratri
- The Goddess Of The Second Day Of Navratri: Brahmacharini
- Mistakes To Be Avoided During Navratri
- Navratri Vrath: If You Have Low BP Then This Is A Must Have
- Traditional Golu Theme For Dusshera
- Healthy Foods You Can Eat During Navratri Fasting
- How Is Saraswati Puja Celebrated In South India