Do you know why seeds are healthy? Well, a seed is the one that produces a tree or a plant. It contains everything that can give life to a plant.
Every plant ensures to produce seeds that can later on transform themselves into healthy plants. That is why seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and some enzymes.
Also Read: Amazing Health Benefits Of Sabja Seeds
Eating seeds in the raw form helps you derive lot of nutrients. Here are some of the best seeds to include in your diet.
Pomegranate seeds are loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C and yes, they are low in calories and can help you in slimming down.
The juice made of pomegranate seeds can boost the levels of oxygen in your blood. These seeds can also prevent clotting of blood. That is why your circulation becomes better after you eat these seeds. They contain polyphenols and potassium too.
You need iron too. Eat pumpkin seeds. They offer iron which helps in maintaining healthy blood and energy levels. They offer protein too.
Also, if you are suffering from vitamin b deficiency, pumpkin seeds help you get enough of niacin, riboflavin, folates and thiamin. They also contain L-Tryptophan which can prevent depression by boosting your mood.
If you wish to tone your muscles, go for hemp seeds as they offer protein along with essential amino acids.
Hemp seeds contain all essential amino acids. They also contain phytonutrients. These seeds are good for your organs, skin, cells, tissues and even blood.
And then you need something for your bones too. Have chia seeds. They offer calcium. Consume a handful of them regularly.
Also Read: Top Nutritional Benefits Of Drumstick Seeds
Chia seeds contain more protein compared to kidney beans, offer more iron compared to spinach, offer more antioxidants compared to blue berries, offer more calcium compared to milk, offer more vitamin C compared to oranges and offer more omega 3 fatty acids compared to fish. They offer magnesium and fibre too.
Cumin seeds have antiseptic properties and iron. They are good for digestion and liver function. They can treat cold and sore throat too. These seeds are good for your kidneys and immunity.
Which seeds keep your heart healthy? Sesame seeds offer omega 6 fatty acids (linoleic acid) that reduce bad cholesterol levels. These seeds offer fibre, zinc, vitamin B1, phosphorous, iron, magnesium and calcium.
Also Read: Amazing Health Benefits Of Coriander Seeds
Flax seeds contain anti-cancer agents and anti inflammatory compounds too. Add them to your salads.
- Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits Of Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus)?
- Top Foods Rich In Calcium
- 10 Foods That Help Manage Anger
- Top 13 Vitamin B6-rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- Top 12 Vitamin B2 Rich Foods And Their Health Benefits
- Vitamin B1 Rich Indian Foods & Their Benefits
- Why Do We Use Sesame Seeds During Makar Sankranti
- Nuts & Seeds That Are A Must Have For Winters!
- How to Eat Chia Seeds + Health Benefits of This Superfood
- Chironji Ka Dalcha Recipe: How To Make Mutton And Chironji Ka Dalcha
- How Pumpkin Seeds Help Fall Asleep
- Take Boiled Watermelon Seeds & See What It Does To Your Body
- 10 Molybdenum-rich Foods To Include In Your Diet