Are you aware of the benefits of star anise? It is a popular spice used in India and China. It got its name as its shape resembles a star. It can be used in spicy foods or simply used in teas.
Star anise contains medicinal properties along with phosphorous, calcium and vitamins A, B and C. Its strong smell and peculiar flavour make spicy food tasty. That is why it is used in most of the spicy Chinese dishes and even biriyanis. Now, here are some of the benefits of star anise.
Also Read: Top 7 Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
Caution: There are some toxic varieties of star anise which contain harmful compounds. Avoid them and use only the Chinese variety of star anise.
Slows Down Ageing
Star anise contains vitamins C, A and antioxidants. This spice is said to slow down ageing and also help in controlling blood sugar levels. Using it in moderation in your daily 'chai' can help.
Using star anise in you recipes can help in improving digestion and reducing stomach cramps and nausea.
Also Read: These Herbs And Spices Help Fight Diabetes
Helps Fall Asleep
To improve sex drive, you can crush star anise and mix it in water and store it for a few hours. Strain and drink the water at night to boost libido and to fall asleep.
Cures Digestive Issues
You can also add star anise to your tea. Boil a teaspoon of star anise in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. Strain it. Drink that water to get rid of gas, bloating, constipation and indigestion.
Also Read: 9 Herbs and Spices That Help Fight Cancer
Treats Joint Pain
The essential oil of star anise extract can work well for joint pain and rheumatism. Generally, it is mixed with coconut oil and massaged on the affected area. This is one of the benefits of star anise oil.
Anti-Fungal In Nature
The extract of star anise contains anti-fungal agents. Its oil is used in treating yeast infections like candida. It also contains anti-bacterial agents that can even fight bacteria types that are resistant to drugs.
Soothes Sore Throat
Drinking the tea of star anise can cure cough and sore throat. This is one of the benefits of star anise tea.
- Add Some Spice To Your Daily Skin Care Routine
- These Are The 10 Best And Worst Condiments In Your Kitchen
- Jowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home
- Do You Know These 24 Herbs & Spices That Kill Pain Fast?
- Spicy Pongal Recipe: How To Prepare Khara Pongal At Home
- Clove Benefits and Facts That Will Blow Your Mind!
- Onion Pakora Recipe | Crispy Onion Fritters Recipe | Eerulli Bajji Recipe
- Chingri Bhapa Recipe: How To Make Bengali-style Steamed Prawns
- Spices You Must Include In Your Diet This Monsoon
- Reduce Stubborn Belly Fat Using This Amazing Spice
- Indian Spices Can Now Be A Part Of Your Skin Care Plan; Read Here
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain): A Bitter Spice With Super Health Benefits