- 6 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 9 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 9 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lions Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Are you aware of the benefits of star anise? It is a popular spice used in India and China. It got its name as its shape resembles a star. It can be used in spicy foods or simply used in teas.
Star anise contains medicinal properties along with phosphorous, calcium and vitamins A, B and C. Its strong smell and peculiar flavour make spicy food tasty. That is why it is used in most of the spicy Chinese dishes and even biriyanis. Now, here are some of the benefits of star anise.
Caution: There are some toxic varieties of star anise which contain harmful compounds. Avoid them and use only the Chinese variety of star anise.
Slows Down Ageing
Star anise contains vitamins C, A and antioxidants. This spice is said to slow down ageing and also help in controlling blood sugar levels. Using it in moderation in your daily 'chai' can help.
Using star anise in you recipes can help in improving digestion and reducing stomach cramps and nausea.
Helps Fall Asleep
To improve sex drive, you can crush star anise and mix it in water and store it for a few hours. Strain and drink the water at night to boost libido and to fall asleep.
Cures Digestive Issues
You can also add star anise to your tea. Boil a teaspoon of star anise in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. Strain it. Drink that water to get rid of gas, bloating, constipation and indigestion.
Treats Joint Pain
The essential oil of star anise extract can work well for joint pain and rheumatism. Generally, it is mixed with coconut oil and massaged on the affected area. This is one of the benefits of star anise oil.
Anti-Fungal In Nature
The extract of star anise contains anti-fungal agents. Its oil is used in treating yeast infections like candida. It also contains anti-bacterial agents that can even fight bacteria types that are resistant to drugs.
Soothes Sore Throat
Drinking the tea of star anise can cure cough and sore throat. This is one of the benefits of star anise tea.