- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Some people have the craving to eat ice. Though it may sound strange to us, it is a disorder known as pagophagia. Though rarely feeling like biting an ice cube isn't an issue, it is better to consult a doctor if the craving becomes a daily thing.
Also Read: How To Raise BP
Sometimes, some other underlying conditions could be fuelling the desire to eat stuff that isn't food. Only a doctor could detect such factors.
Also Read: How To Control Appetite
In some people, the reason could also be iron deficiency. Some people chew ice cubes to kill boredom whereas some do it may be because of dry mouth. Consulting a doctor could give clarity. Now, here are more facts.
Your teeth would be damaged if you chew ice frequently. The enamel of your teeth could be affected and may cause dental issues later.
In some people, iron deficiency could also make them chew ice. If that is the case, it is better to ensure more iron through diet to reduce the habit.
People who suffer dehydration and nausea may also feel like chewing ice all the time. If you suffer from any of the above issues, it is better to consult a doctor and get the reason diagnosed.
Generally, those who frequently eat ice in large quantities tend to lose interest in eating food and this may cause nutritional deficiencies.
Habit or Obsession
Some people who have an oral fixation may also enjoy chewing ice all the time as they want something in their mouths all the time.
Some people who wish to control snack cravings may gradually form the habit of chewing ice. Though this may help in weight loss, it has its disadvantages in the long run.