- News Northeast Monsoon surges TN, Puducherry, heavy rains in next 24 hr
- Finance Reliance Industries, NTPC Gain On Brokerage Upgrades
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Sports Review blunders haunt New Zealand against England
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Psoriasis is condition that affects the skin. It could cause irritation and dry patches on skin. The patches could appear red and scaly. This condition is caused by a response of the body's immune system.
Also Read: 7 Exercises That Boost Sexual Performance
The patches are mainly seen in areas like knees, elbows and scalp. The patches turn dry and may cause irritation. Flakiness, peeling of the skin, rashes, cracks and even pain are certain other effects of psoriasis.
Also Read: Why Do You Feel Sore After Making Love?
It is better to avoid alcohol, stress, smoking and too much of sunlight exposure if you have psoriasis. Also, avoid the following foods.
Certain fried foods could increase inflammation in the body and could raise the risk of developing psoriasis symptoms. Therefore, either avoid them or reduce your intake if you have psoriasis.
Certain compounds present in dairy could also worsen inflammation and therefore, may trigger psoriasis.
Dextrose, fructose, corn syrup, maltose, honey and various other types of sugars could aggravate the symptoms of psoriasis. Try to avoid cakes, beverages, candy, sweets and other items or drinks that contain sugar.
Certain citrus fruits like lemons and oranges may cause allergic reactions. Remove them from your diet if you have psoriasis.
Even red meat could aggravate the symptoms. Avoid processed meat too.
Alcohol can dry up your skin and it could also aggravate the symptoms of this skin condition.
Barley, rye, wheat and other grains that contain gluten are to be avoided as they may trigger psoriasis symptoms.
Foods that involve yeast and fermentation may also worsen the symptoms. Pizzas, burgers, breads and other foods which contain yeast are to be avoided.