- 11 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 16 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 20 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Do you wish to have good cognitive and memory skills? If yes, then there are certain natural foods for a healthy brain that you must make a part of your diet.
If you are wondering how to improve the health of your brain, then you should start by following a healthy diet.
As we all know, the brain is one of the most important organs of our body and if the brain does not function well or if it is unhealthy, then the rest of our regular body functions will be seriously affected.
There are a few foods for a healthy brain that we must consume regularly and also there are a certain foods that can deteriorate the health of our brain to a great extent, which must be totally avoided.
A healthy brain means having good learning abilities, a sharp memory, alertness, cognitive skills and also mental health.
There are many diet tips that can be followed for a good memory and also to help cure depression naturally.
So, here is a list of common foods that should be avoided if you want a healthy brain, have a look.
1. Artificial Sweeteners
A research study has claimed that using artificial sweeteners to add flavour to our dishes can lead to degeneration of brain cells and may also cause diseases like Alzheimer's.
Certain types of fish can contain high levels of mercury that can affect our brain cells negatively when consumed.
3. Bakery Products
Foods for a healthy brain surely does not involve bakery products like pastries, bread, etc, as they may contain margarine, which can shrink the brain cells and also cause inflammation in the brain.
Diet tips for good memory include avoiding foods like pasta, as the high amount of carbohydrates and fats in them can deteriorate your memory by reducing certain brain functions.
5. Soft Drinks
As soft drinks are high in sugar content, they can affect brain health, as they have damaging effects on the hypothalamus.
6. Processed Foods
Processed "junk" foods such as French fries, pizzas, etc are surely not foods for a healthy brain, as they can cause brain cell inflammation and also hypertension.
Alcohol affects the brain directly and can harm various brain functions like memory, as it can destroy the brain cells and may also cause depression.