- 3 min ago Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish Wins Big And Here Is A Look At Her Rebel Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 3 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Meat is a valuable source of protein and other nutrients like vitamins, iron, calcium and minerals. However, when it comes to a healthy and well-balanced diet, it's important to choose the right kind of meat and eat that in a correct portion size. Do you agree?
It is said that from the many meats humans love, turkey is considered to be the best and the most healthiest too.
During the festival of Christmas, Christians tend to have a dinner table filled with yummy treats and meats. Chicken, red meat, pork and, of course, turkey meat are classic food options to make Christmas complete. This year, Boldsky suggests that you opt for only lean meat that is chicken and turkey. In comparison to chicken, turkey is far better and healthier.
If you take a look at the benefits of eating turkey, we are sure that this Christmas 2015, you will not gain that holiday weight. By consuming a meal of turkey meat, you are providing your body with vitamins B6 and B12, niacin, choline, selenium and zinc.
Along with these many components, you are also pampering your body with less calories and fats. So, what are you waiting for, take a look at these many health benefits of eating turkey meat this Christmas 2015:
Did you know that turkey meat has a high source of vitamin B6 and niacin that aid in producing more energy to the body? Consuming a small portion of this lean meat can provide you with enough energy to hit the gym.
Aids In Weight Loss
If you're wondering about weight gain, worry no more, as turkey meat is low in fat. One of the best health benefits of eating turkey meat is it's low amount of kilojoules, which is much less than any other meat. At the same time, this meat is healthier, as it contains more of white than dark meat.
Increases Red Blood Cells
For women, turkey meat is highly beneficial. It has a rich source of iron, potassium, phosphorus and zinc that help in increasing the quantity of red blood cells in our body. This in turn helps to keep the body warm during winter and protects you from winter sicknesses.
Doesn't Increase Cholesterol
Regular consumption of this lean meat during the winter season can help to lower the cholesterol levels. Turkey also benefits the health of the heart.
If You're Diabetic
If you are a diabetic individual, doctors would have told you to consume small portions of non-vegetarian foods. The best health benefit of eating turkey meat is that it has low glycaemic index and thus can help keep insulin levels stable.
Good For The Immune System
Turkey meat is healthy for you to enjoy this Christmas 2015. This lean meat contains the amino acid tryptophan, which produces serotonin and plays an important role in strengthening the immune system. Therefore, this meat helps to keep you away from common winter illnesses.
Got A Thyroid Problem?
Turkey meat is extremely healthy for thyroid patients, as it has a high source of selenium that is essential for the thyroid hormone metabolism. Therefore, consume small portions of this lean meat to keep yourself healthy this Christmas 2015.