- 1 hr ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 3 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 September 2020
- 18 hrs ago Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Finance Likhitha Infrastructure Rs 61.2-crore IPO To Open On Sept 29; Price Band Fixed
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Automobiles MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Rumour Has It: Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want two signings
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Reaches NCB Office For Questioning In Drug Probe; See Pictures
- News India, Japan begins 3-day naval exercise JIMEX today in Arabian sea
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
In majority of cases around the world, the woman of the family is responsible for what goes to the dinner table. She is the one who takes care of the family and looks after its well-being. It is first necessary to educate the woman so that the family benefits from her knowledge. At the same time, it is important for her to take good care of herself so that she can look after the welfare of other members of the family.
There are a number of vitamins women should take daily to maintain a healthy body. These vitamins are essential to allow the body to function in a normal manner.
If one eats a well-balanced diet, the vitamins can be derived from the daily meals itself. But in case of deficiency, supplements become unavoidable.
Take a look at the list of vitamins women should take daily.
Calcium: This tops the list of women’s daily vitamins. Compared to men, women are more prone to osteoporosis, which is caused due to the deficiency of calcium. In order to maintain healthy bones, calcium is a must and hence the importance it gets in women’s health. Some important sources of calcium include milk products and eggs.
Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential to help absorb calcium. No matter the amount of milk products one takes, the deficiency of vitamin D will not help absorb the calcium. One of the best sources of this vitamin is the morning sun.
Vitamin A: Vitamin A is beneficial in cases of heavy menstrual periods, premenstrual syndromes, lumpy breasts and vaginal infections. It is also said to be beneficial in cases of breast cancer.
Vitamin B1: Also known a thiamine, this essential vitamin helps convert sugar to energy. Women do need that extra dose of energy. Significant sources of Vitamin B1 include lean meat, nuts and whole grains.
Vitamin B2: Riboflavin or vitamin B2 makes it to the list of vitamins women should take daily. Some of its health benefits include boosting of the immune system; maintaining healthy skin, nails and hair; slowing down the ageing process and very importantly, promoting a healthy reproductive system. Essential sources include milk and green leafy vegetables.
Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine and is useful for women to treat premenstrual syndromes, menstrual problems and nausea during early pregnancy. It is also helpful to stop milk flow after childbirth and depression related to pregnancy. Sources of B6 include avocado, banana and nuts.
Folic acid: When related to pregnant women, folic acid becomes one of the vitamins women should take daily. Every woman who is planning to get pregnant or is pregnant is prescribed this vitamin to prevent miscarriage or avoid chances of birth defects. Leafy green vegetables are an important source of folic acid.
Vitamin C: For a healthy body and mind, adequate amount of vitamin C is essential for both men and women. It not only helps keep the common cold at bay but has a host of other benefits such as promoting healthy skin, hair, nails, improving physical endurance and slowing down the ageing process. Citrus fruits are the best source of vitamin C.
Vitamin E: Vitamin E is quite popular among women due to the immense benefits it has on the skin. Beauty products enriched with vitamin E are always preferred. Besides, it is also helpful in preventing complications in late pregnancy and problems related to the menstrual periods. Significant food sources include meat, poultry, eggs, cereals.
Choline: This is one of the latest entrants in the essential vitamin list. Choline belongs to the B complex group of vitamins and is essential for pregnant women to prevent neural tube defects. This vitamin is produced in the liver but eggs are considered excellent food sources of it.