- 30 min ago When To Purchase Items And Where To Keep Broom In The House, As Per Vastu
- 45 min ago Centre Advises Isolation Of Suspected Monkeypox Cases At Designated Health Facilities
- 2 hrs ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News WHO says Nearly 200 cases of monkeypox in more than 20 countries
- Sports Italian GP: Aleix Espargaro keeps Bologna bullets at the bay
- Finance 3 Stocks To Buy Next Week For Good Dividends In 1-3 Months
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Approached For Yash Starrer KGF: Chapter 3? Here's The Truth
- Technology Black Shark 5, 5 Pro Launching On June 8; Will The Gaming Flagships Come To India?
- Automobiles Hayabusa-powered Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo Concept Revealed
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Research on this has been going on since a long time and finally the U.S FDA has confirmed that Botox shots on head and neck and cure chronic migraine. To confirm this, the FDA undertook two experiment for 24 weeks each. The experiments involved 1,384 adults from North America and Europe. Both the experiments was funded by drug maker Allergen. After the first trial, people who received Botox shots for migraine were noticed to experience 7.8 fewer headache days and people who received just plain salt water, reported 6.4 fewer days of headache.
At the end of second trial, people who received Botox for migraine reported 9.2 fewer days of headache as compared to 6.9 fewer days of the ones who received salt water.
Seymour Diamond, executive chairman of the National Headache Foundation, says that although it is great to know that Botox works for headache but it should not be taken regularly. It cannot be a permanent cure. There are other medical treatments which are much better to treat headache. Botox for migraine might be helpful at the time of sudden attack of migraine specially for people who face it during season change.
Botox For Migraine Works
Migraine in short, occurs due to hyper activated muscles. Botox weakens or paralyzes these muscles by suppressing the release of acetylcholine by binding the nerve endings. The acetylcholine, sends the message to the muscles to contract, be it for wrinkles or as a reaction to health problems. By blocking the release of this chemical, Botox stops pain.
There are many other theories which answers how Botox works for migraine. One of the theories explains that tension and spasms are the main cause of headache. Botox eliminates the muscle tension. It is also believed that Botox stops the pain signals to reach the brain thus treating headache.
Botox for migraine takes few weeks time before it shows results. It should not be taken regularly. The dose should be restricted to once in three months to avoid any major side effects.
- wellnessExpert Article: The Role Of Aesthetic Medicine In The Modern World
- wellnessBotox: Uses, Surprising Benefits, Side Effects And Long-term Effects
- skin careAlternatives Of Botox That You Can Try At Home, For Excellent Results On Your Ageing Skin!
- insyncCourtney Cox Extra Dose Of Botox
- body careWanna Get Rid Of Sweaty Pits? Take A Botox Shot
- marriage and beyondDivorcees' Kids Want To Marry Early
- body careBotox Can Leave You With Broken Relationships
- insyncSimon Cowell Happy To Do Botox
- skin carePlasma Replacement Therapy To Cure Wrinkles
- body careBeauty Is Skin Deep, Yes, But With Botox!
- diabetesCan Migraine Decrease The Risk Of Diabetes In Women?
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More