- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Automobiles Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Breakfast is the first meal of the day, and more so, we often tend to miss out on our breakfast, when in a hurry. Eating a healthy breakfast is essential to charge your body up for the day. And it is more important for those people who are trying to lose weight.
Yes, it's true that a healthy nutritious breakfast can boost your weight loss if started on the right foot. It's not just about eating breakfast that will make you lose weight, but eating the right kind of healthy foods for breakfast that will help to manage your weight well.
The Indian cuisine is filled with a myriad of foods, including herbs, spices, beans and vegetables. Choosing the right type of food will determine your weight loss goal and you need to reduce your daily calorie intake as well.
So, read on to know what to eat for breakfast when trying to lose weight.
Calories At Breakfast
When it comes to losing weight, you have to take your overall calorie intake into consideration. The daily weight loss calorie needs range from 1200 calories to 1800 calories a day. So, once you know the daily calorie limit, divide them equally between your three meals, leaving 100 to 200 calories for an evening snack.
To lose weight, your breakfast should contain 350 calories to 550 calories. But, consult your doctor to determine the number of calories you need to obtain each day for weight loss.
When you are trying to lose weight, choose one protein-rich food to eat for breakfast every morning. It is because protein increases satiety more than carbohydrates and helps your body to burn that unwanted fat.
Eat healthy protein-rich foods like egg whites, which contain 17 calories, plain Greek yogurt, which has 100 calories, low-fat cottage cheese, which contains 82 calories and tofu with 46 calories.
Fibre also helps to boost satiety and keeps your stomach full for a longer period of time. Some of the fibre-rich foods include oatmeal, whole-grain cereal, whole-grain toast, strawberries, apples, tomatoes and almonds.
Avocados, nut butters and flax seeds are healthy fats and are also rich in fibre.
Healthy Breakfast Combinations
To make your weight loss successful, try combining high-protein foods with fibre-rich foods for breakfast. For example, you can combine low-fat milk with whole-grain cereal and add a few sliced strawberries or almonds to it.
You can also combine Greek yogurt with oatmeal and sliced apples. You can have two whole wheat rotis with a vegetable curry and a glass of low-fat milk.
If you are lactose intolerant, make yourself a protein-rich breakfast smoothie using strawberries, Greek yogurt, spinach, almonds, etc.
Other Breakfast Options
You can make yourself a traditional healthy breakfast, if you have more time in your hand. For example, a banana pancake or an oatmeal pancake with honey and cinnamon, is a perfect food that will aid in weight loss. Also, you can have upma, dosa or idli too, which will also help in weight loss.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, don't forget to share it.
- recipesSalad Special: How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Split Black Gram Or Urad Dal Dosa
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- recipesMakar Sankranti 2021: How To Prepare Jaggery And Sesame Seed Paratha
- basicsImportance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- diabetesWhy Are Meals Prepared At Home The Best Choice For People With Diabetes?
- wellnessBenefits Of Mindful Eating And Ways To Make Your Mealtime A Healthy And Rewarding Experience
- wellnessCan I Eat Banana On Empty Stomach?
- wellness7 Benefits Of Eating Poha For Breakfast
- wellness10 Ways To Add Almonds To Your Diet
- wellness10 Foods You Should Avoid Eating In The Morning