- 12 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 13 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 14 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Sports PKL 2019: U Mumba clinch opener against hosts Telugu Titans
- Movies Madhur Bhandarkar’s Indu Sarkar To Be Included In The National Film Archives: Read Details
- News Dikshit's last instruction: Protest at BJP office if standoff between Priyanka, UP govt goes on
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Every person spends half of their day at the workplace and that is quite a lot of time. Desk-bound jobs are mostly from 9 to 7 working hours, wherein you sit on your office chair the whole day typing on the computer and snacking at your desk. Sitting for prolonged periods without exercise has an early risk of death.
Sometimes, your jobs are stressful which lets you eat more emotionally. This helps in gaining weight faster. Though your desk job is mostly sedentary, you have got to make a strategy with your time to lose weight.
Sitting at a desk at work for a longer period of time without any break could slow down your metabolism, increase obesity, cause heart diseases, arthritis and more.
You need to reverse your office lifestyle, so that you don't end up gaining weight and suffering from diseases. There are many ways to lose weight at office.
So, read on to know about the best ways to lose weight at work.
1. Drink Lots Of Water
Drinking lots of water during your office hours will help in fighting off fatigue, prevent dehydration, headaches and keep you away from unnecessary snacking. According to the American Council Of Exercise, women should drink at least 2.7 litres of water every day and men almost 2.8 litres at work. Also, drinking water will provide a quick boost of energy to the body.
2. Chewing Gum
Chewing gum during the working hours will keep you more alert and will help in reducing anxiety, stress and salivary cortisol - it is a stress hormone that accelerates fat cells, which leads to accumulating fat in the belly area, enlarging your waistline. So start chewing gum at your workplace!
3. Pack Your Lunch From Home
Don't eat fast foods during the lunch hours on a daily basis. These foods have a high amount of calories in them, which will add on to body weight and will make you feel sluggish too. Instead, pack a nutritious home-cooked meal every day.
4. Drink Green Tea
When you come to office in the morning, you always reach out for a cup of coffee that instantly charges you up. However, you will be amazed to know that green tea possesses fat-burning qualities. It contains catechins that boost the fat oxidation, so drinking it won't be a bad idea, isn't it?
5. Take The Stairs
Always take the stairs and stop using the elevator if you really want to lose weight at work. You will not even realise the pounds you will shed by taking the office stairs daily. You will shed twice as many calories, which is equal to walking. So, start taking the stairs from now on.
6. Stand At Your Desk
Research shows that standing at your desk will burn the extra calories than sitting down. Standing burns 50 calories per hour than sitting. This will further improve your blood sugar levels, improve the core strength, posture and even your mental health.
7. Enjoy Salads Between The Meals
Eating salads during lunchtime or between meals will fill you up and will prevent food cravings, which usually happens when you are at a desk-bound job. Fill your salads with proteins like chicken, eggs and fibres like avocado and beans. You can also add sun-dried tomatoes and nuts to your salads as a topping.
8. Keep A Box Of Chia Seeds
A box full of chia seeds is an easy way to add nutrition to your body while you are working at your desk. Chia seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, protein and calcium and the seeds are easily absorbed by the body, which keeps you satiated.
9. Take A 2-minute Walk Every Hour
While you are at your desk working, it is also important to walk at least for 2 minutes once every hour. Don't walk for 20 seconds, instead walk about in the office and talk with your colleagues for a few minutes. According to the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, a 2-minute walk every hour once can alter the effects of sitting.
10. Stock Up On Healthy Snacks
If you feel hungry and get food cravings, don't go for fried foods. Instead, opt for healthy snacks that will help you in losing weight. Healthy snacks like whole grain crackers, roasted chickpeas, peanut butter, apples, bananas, sliced carrots and cucumbers will provide your body with enough nutrition.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.