Did you know that even little habits can have a big impact on your waistline. In your daily routine, there might be certain habits that can actually put you on a weight gain route.
Who might have ever thought that even the simplest of the actions can actually increase your weight?.
Well, when these little actions become a habit, that is when the weight loss spur kicks in.
Further, since you have been following these habits for a really long time, you'll start overlooking the reasons why you're packing on the pounds.
Any of these habits can actually be stopped once you know the reason for it. All you need to do is to recognize these habits and find a healthier alternative for those actions.
Some determination and willingness will redirect your action to a healthier choice. In this article, we have mentioned some of the top habits that make you fat. So, read further to know more on what are the habits that can make you gain weight.
1. You Don't Sleep Right:
A solid sleep can help you lose weight. Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule is essential to keep your tummy right. It was found that people who sleep five hours or less will gain 2.5 times more weight, than those who sleep between seven and eight hours, as per a study. This is one of the habits that can lead to weight gain.
2. You Always Skip A Meal:
People who were found to cut down on the most important meal of the day were found to be 4.5 times more likely to be obese. Skipping breakfast can decrease your metabolism and put your body into a fat-storage mode.
3. You Eat Too Quickly:
It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to tell the brain that it's full. Studies have shown that slow eaters consumed 66 fewer calories than those ate fast. This is one of the top habits that make you fat.
4. You Binge Watch On TV:
Spending more time watching TV is definitely not a flat belly habit. Further, if you end up eating while you're watching TV, it will lead to additional weight gain.
5. You Always Eat Out For Lunch:
If you eat your lunch out every day, then chances are that you're consuming more calories. Restaurant foods are often loaded with diet-destroying foods as well as belly-bloating sodium. Hence, you'll gain more weight due to this. This is one of the habits that can make you gain weight.
6. You Always Think It Is Hunger:
Your stomach makes some noise and you think it is hunger. About 60% of the people confuse thirst for hunger. It is just that you might actually be thirsty and not hungry.
7. You're Constantly Sitting:
Siting for hours at your desk can actually make you gain weight. You need to take occasional breaks, just for two minutes every hour once. This will prevent weight gain.
8. You Always Take The Elevator:
Using the stairs burns twice as much calories and hence taking the elevator every time is a big mistake. Studies have also confirmed that a 150-pound weighing person can lose about 6 pounds per year by just climbing two flight of stairs every day.
- 10 Myths And Truths About Chocolate You Should Know
- 9 Inflammatory Foods That Cause Weight Gain
- 13 High Calorie Foods For Weight Gain
- 12 Ways To Gain Weight Naturally At Home
- Effective Yoga Asanas For Weight Gain
- All You Need To Know About The '6 Meals A Day' Plan For Weight Gain
- Can Consuming Excess Avocados Be Harmful For Health?
- How To Avoid Holiday Weight Gain – 15 Life Hacks!
- 10 Health Risks Of Being A Couch Potato
- 9 Important Tips To Keep In Mind Before Joining A Gym For The First Time!
- Skipping Breakfast Can Cause This Serious Problem, Check It Out!
- Beware! Disordered Eating Can Cause These Health Issues
- International Women's Day: 10 Healthy Habits For Women