Are you looking for healthy snacks to munch on without gaining weight? Do you want to lose weight to fit into your favourite pair of jeans? There's only one way to answer these questions:
Nuts. Yes, that's right!
Some nuts actually aid in weight loss and help you stay slim and fit.
Some of the health benefits of nuts include:
1) Nuts are rich in nutrients such as protein, fibre, magnesium, selenium, vitamin E and copper.
2) Nuts are rich in antioxidants and may even protect against heart disease by lowering the oxidized LDL cholesterol levels.
3) Nuts like almonds are said to promote weight loss.
4) Nuts are useful in treating type 2 diabetes and other metabolic syndromes.
5) Nuts like pistachios, almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, etc., have been found to fight inflammation in people with serious diseases.
6) Nuts can also reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
You must be thinking "How do nuts help in weight loss"? To answer this, let us check some of the reasons below:
1) Since nuts are rich in fibre and protein, they help keep your stomach full and also prevent binge-eating.
2) Nuts can increase your metabolic rate, which in turn helps in weight reduction.
3) Good fats in nuts provide satisfaction to your taste buds.
4) Nuts stabilize your blood sugar level with their low glycaemic index and provide long-lasting energy and also help decrease cravings.
Now, let us have a look at some of the nuts that actually help you lose weight and stay slim.
Walnuts are high in heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats that are said to decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and other chronic conditions. It contains beneficial fatty acids. It may also help your body lose weight faster. Studies suggest that a walnut-rich diet helps in weight loss, lowers levels of bad LDL cholesterol, and increases levels of good HDL cholesterol. Therefore, have a handful of walnuts whenever you are hungry and knock off those extra kilos.
Almonds help you stay slim, as they contain protein, antioxidants and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Researches show that consumption of almonds leads to greater weight loss, decreased waist circumference, lowers body fat and reduces systolic blood pressure. So, if you are overweight, then you should munch on almonds to reduce weight.
Pistachios are tasty, green-coloured nuts that contain dietary fibre, which helps your body feel fuller and also helps prevent food cravings. This can help you lose weight and burn more fat. Studies show that consumption of pistachios leads to lower BMI and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. You can munch on them or make smoothies out of them.
4) Brazil Nuts:
They are rich in selenium, which plays a key role in metabolism, immunity and reproductive health. They also help the body absorb nutrients such as Vitamin E, which provides protection against cataracts. They are also rich in copper, zinc, potassium, riboflavin, heart-healthy fats and magnesium and help in weight reduction.
Peanuts are rich in nutrients, including fibre, protein and heart-healthy fats that help increase satiety, which in turn prevents you from over-eating and thus helps in your weight loss programme. Keep peanuts handy and chew on them, as they will help you burn more fat.
- Basic Rules Of The Indian Diet Chart For Weight Loss
- 7 Amazing Tips To Lose Weight After 40!
- International Yoga Day: Sonakshi Sinha's Weight Loss With Bikram Yoga
- 7 Common Habits Which Never Let You Lose Belly Fat!
- You Can Lose Weight Naturally With These 15 Drinks!
- Did You Know These Simple Tips To Make Your Smoothies Healthier?
- How Many Calories Do You Burn With 100 Push-ups?
- Is Bread Bad For You When You Are Trying To Lose Weight?
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Apple & Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss And Increasing Hemoglobin
- Here's How Horse Gram Helps You Lose Weight
- 15 Fruits And Vegetables That Burn Fat Overnight
- 11 Best Vitamins And Supplements That Aid Weight Loss