- 1 hr ago Madhuri Dixit Nene Looks Splendid In A Pink Metallic Lehenga And It’s Price Can Afford You A Foreign Trip!
- 2 hrs ago Malaika Arora, Aditi Rao Hydari, And Other Divas Inspire Us To Up Our Denim Jeans Style
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 15 April 2021
- 18 hrs ago Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
- News With 75 questions, CBI grills Deshmukh for 11 hours on specific allegations
- Finance Sugar Stocks Rise In Weak Market; Balrampur Chini Mills Hits New High
- Technology Realme 8 5G To Launch As India’s First Dimensity 700 SoC-Powered Phone?
- Movies Film Industry To Abide By 15-Day Curfew In Maharashtra; Asks CM To Extend Financial Help To Daily Wage Workers
- Sports IPL 2021: Shahbaz gives us an extra option: Siraj
- Automobiles TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Did you know that your sitting posture can be a reason behind your early retirement? Many people cannot work beyond their 40th year because of severe lower back pain. You would be surprised to know that this pain is totally postural. Do you experience pain in the lower half of your back at the end of a the day in office? It is probably because you are following a wrong workstation posture.
The points stated here are some of the common mistakes we make with regard to sitting posture and simple ways to correct them.
Ways To Correct Sitting Posture At Workstation:
Height Of Your Chair: Most of us have chairs with adjustable heights in our office. But we are usually too lazy to adjust the height of our chair. This leads to a lot of unnecessary pressure on our back. Whether you are too high on your chair or too low, you will have to slouch forward to reach your keyword. This causes lower back pain over a period of time.
Back To The Chair: The reason your chair has a back rest is to support your back. But most of us do not sit with our back touched to the chair. The back rest is not for comfort or luxury, it is to keep your back straight. And when you do not use it properly, there is a lot of strain on your spinal cord, especially on the point just above your hips.
Hands On The Table: Never sit on chair with your hands hanging loosely from your sides. Your hands should either be placed on your lap or firmly on the table. Letting your hands hang casually around your sides makes the blood rush to the extremities of your fingers; it is the basic rule of gravity. That is why, your fingers ache by the end of the day.
Computer Posture: Do you use a laptop? Then get yourself a docking station. Laptops are the worst gadgets for your back. When you are using a laptop that is placed on the table, then you will have an inherent tendency to slouch towards the screen. This kind of sitting posture ruins your back. You will be prone to a stiff neck and lower back pain if you persist with this computer posture. Adjust the height of your laptop screen to match it with your chair.
Break The Sitting Posture: According to medical rules, you should get up every 15 minutes to break the monotony of a sitting posture. However, work pressure will not allow you to do that. So try to get up and walk around at least once in an hour.
These are some basic ways to correct your work station posture. Do you follow any of these posture rules?