- Sports Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez to retire after ICC T20 World Cup
- Technology AGR Row: SC Rejects Review Petition; Operators Might File Curative Petition
- Movies Major Fire Breaks Out On The Sets Of Shivarajkumar Starrer Bhajarangi 2
- News Aadhaar required to get benefits under scheme for civilian victims of terror,communal violence
- Finance Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund Cuts Exposure To Vodafone Idea Papers
- Automobiles TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
How about starting your day with some really healthy and easy salami wraps? Most of us use salami only in sandwiches and thus it does not remain a low fat breakfast recipe. As soon as you use bread, you are adding carbs to your breakfast. But salami lettuce wraps have no bread. You will be wrapping the slices of chicken salami in juicy lettuce leaves.
Salami lettuce wraps are a very protein rich breakfast recipe. In fact, it is the best way to get raw proteins from your breakfast without consuming any carbs at all. An added bonus is the fact that salami lettuce wraps make a quick breakfast on busy mornings. You can get done with making this dish in 5 to 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
- Chicken salami- 8 slices
- Lettuce leaves- 4 (cut into halves)
- Olives- 8
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Lemon juice- 2tbsp
- Parsley leaves- 1 stalk (chopped)
- Mint leaves- 5 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Olive oil- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Chicken salami is processed and can therefore be eaten just by de-frosting. However, if you want, you can grill the salami slices in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Now take the chopped onions, olives, green chillies, mint and parsley in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and drizzle olive oil into the bowl. Then season it with salt and mix it well.
- Place the salami slices next to each other on a plate. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture you prepared on the salami slices.
- Now place the cut pieces of lettuce leaves and keep it under the salami slices.
- Roll up the two into cylindrical shapes.
You can have these salami lettuce wraps at home or carry them with you to eat them on the go. It is an extremely healthy and low-calorie breakfast for dieters.