Nowadays everyone wants to eat healthy. Eating healthy essentially means eating nutritious food with low calorie count. The obsession with losing weight and reducing fat often leads people to develop unhealthy eating habits. Even while dieting you should eat plenty of nutritious foods which helps to keep you energetic. This means you should include such foods in your diet which are low in fat content and does not add up to the calorie count.
Here is an ideal chicken recipe for people who are too calorie conscious yet do not want to miss out on the taste. Low fat dahi chicken recipe is a simple and delicious dish, prepared especially for the dieters. This easy chicken recipe is prepared using low fat yogurt and minimal spices. This makes the dish exceptionally tasty and healthy at the same time.
So, check out the recipe of low fat dahi chicken and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken- ½ kg (boneless pieces)
- Low fat yogurt- 2½ cups
- Onions- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Cumin powder- 2tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Garlic paste- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Water- 1 cup
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces properly with water.
- Mix cumin powder, garlic paste, garam masala, turmeric powder and red chilli powder with the yogurt.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this mixture and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Fry for about 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes till they become mushy.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces and the left over marinade mixture.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add salt and water. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes on a low flame.
- Once done, open the lid and check the chicken pieces with a fork.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Tangy, low fat dahi chicken recipe is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious chicken dish with rotis or steamed rice.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi snow map yet to arrive on PUBG Mobile India, know why
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack