- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 January 2021
- 13 hrs ago Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- 14 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Pretty White Lace Dress, Lovely Hat And Stylish Sunglasses Could Be Your Next Holiday Look
- 16 hrs ago Bigg Boss 14: Rubina Dilaik’s 4 Hairstyles From Recent Episodes That You Can Nail In Just 5 Minutes
- Finance Star Health Insurance Plans D-Street Debut This Year
- News COVID-19 vaccine: 31,700 health workers to be inoculated today, says UP Minister
- Movies Happy Birthday Sidharth Malhotra: From Shershaah To Mission Majnu; We've Got Our Eyes On His Upcoming Films
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Days Sale: Discount Offers On Smartphones
- Education SSC CHSL Cut-off 2021 Tier 1 Released
- Sports Stephane Peterhansel wins record 14th Dakar Rally title
- Automobiles Dakar Rally 2021 Final Stage Results & Highlights: Kevin Benavides Wins The Rally Race
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
Many people assume that most of the Vietnamese food is very spicy or is identical to Chinese food.
Chicken plays a big role in Vietnamese cuisine and fresh fruits and veggies are very popular in these recipes. Fish sauce is used to flavour the chicken, beef or pork dishes, just as it's used to season fish, seafood and vegetarian meals.
Also Read: Famous Chicken Recipes Of India
Fish sauce is preferred more for the saltiness than for adding a nice flavour to the dish.
The next two recipes may display how delicious Vietnamese recipes may be and how easy they're to prepare. This appetising recipe makes enough to serve four individuals and it's good to have this with boiled rice.
- 1 whole skinless chicken, cut up
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup low-salt soy sauce
- 2 unripe bananas, in quarter slices
- 2 diagonally sliced stalks of lemongrass (just the bottom 6 inches)
- 4 halved slices of fresh pineapple.
- Mix the soybean sauce with the lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and oil in one bowl and place the chicken in an additional bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, then cover and marinate for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator. You could also keep the marinate overnight for a more intense flavour.
- Add the pineapple and banana and pour the rest of the marinate over it.
- Cover and bake for around 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Turn the meat and bake it for another 30 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- This serves six individuals and it's nice to have this dish with Chinese noodles or rice.
The fish sauce, bamboo shoots and sesame seeds provide this simple dish a nice Asian flavour. Without these elements, it might pass off as a Spanish or Italian dish.
- 2 green onions, in 1-inch pieces
- 1/8th teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4th lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, in strips
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons of crushed, toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 8 oz of canned bamboo shoots, drained.
Also Read: Juicy Chicken Recipes You Must Try
- Mix the chicken with pepper, fish sauce, some oil, tomato sauce and garlic salt in a covered container and chill it for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onions, sesame seeds and the bamboo shoots. After some time, add the chilled marinated mixture on the pan.
- Add water and cook it for about 10 minutes or till the chicken is no longer pink and has got cooked thoroughly.
- A nice Vietnamese recipe is now ready to be served.