- 10 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- 14 hrs ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection Chakradhara By Warp N Weft And WWF India
- 17 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 07 August To 13 August 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Commonwealth Games 2022: Tahlia McGrath plays final despite testing positive for COVID-19
- News NITI Aayog meet: Rajasthan CM seeks increase in financial aid, national project status to ERCP
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14 Grand Premiere Highlights: Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates 'Azadi Ke Garv Ka Mahaparv'
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
Your beard journey is not limited to just growing it to a certain length or giving it a proper shape. It goes well beyond it. The real task starts after you have grown your beard. And that is to take proper care of your beard, to groom it well.
Growing a beard is a commitment you can't falter at. You need to nurture your beard for it to give you the macho look that you had in mind while starting on your beard journey. If you have decided to take on this commitment, we are here to help you follow it to the ends. Follow the tips below and enjoy a healthy, soft and great-looking beard.
Get Familiar With The Right Way To Trim
Much like your hair, your beard needs to be trimmed regularly as well. It helps to prevent the damage to your beard and ensure a healthy beard growth. So, invest in a good beard grooming kit or trimmer(if you are starting with a stubble) and learn the best way to trim and groom your beard.
Maintain A Wash Schedule
Your beard can get pretty unhygienic especially when it has bloomed into the full-grown stage. There is food that might get inside the beard and the skin underneath the beard being neglected are the main culprits. It is, therefore, important to keep your beard clean and hygienic. Maintain a beard wash schedule and follow it religiously. Also, use mild sulphate-free shampoo, preferably with natural ingredients to wash the beard.
To keep your beard soft and frizz-free, it is important that you condition your beard after washing it. Use a beard conditioner to nourish the beard for a couple of minutes and rinse it off thoroughly. Also, use a soft towel to dry your beard. Do not tug on your beard. Be gentle.
Keep It Moisturised
Make sure that your beard and the skin underneath are well moisturised. There are many beard care products, such as beard oil or beard balm, that will help you do that. Beard oil or balm will moisturise the beard and the skin underneath to control the frizziness and itchiness and nourish the hair follicles.
How to use the beard oil
- Take a few drops of beard oil on the palm of your hand.
- Rub your palms together to evenly distribute the oil on both your hands.
- Using the fingertips, massage the oil to the skin underneath.
- Next, apply the oil to your beard making sure to apply the oil all over your beard. Don't forget to cover the sideburns.
- Apply the oil 2-3 times in a week.
- Rub your index finger gently over the beard balm in the can to soften it.
- Take a small amount of beard balm on your palm.
- Rub both the palms together until the balm melts.
- Massage it underneath the skin and apply it all over your beard. Don't forget to cover the sideburns.
- Comb the beard to evenly distribute the balm all over your beard.
How to apply the beard balm
Although beard balm is ideal for the long beard as it also helps to style the beard, it can be used on the beard of any length.
Comb It Regularly
Combing your beard regularly will not only help in getting rid of the tangles but also make it more manageable. A well-combed beard is easy to style and doesn’t look shabby.
Use Beard-Friendly Products
Using your regular hair care products on your beard might not be the best idea. There are specific beard grooming products available in the market that will give you a healthy-looking and manageable beard. So, skip the shortcuts and invest in some good quality beard grooming products.
Don’t Skip The Neckline
A lot of times while grooming the beard you skip the neckline. That can make the beard look shabby. Use a trimmer to around your beard neckline. Trim the beard till your Adam's apple and you have a well-groomed beard that looks healthy.
Keep The Moustache In Loop
Moustache and beard are a packaged deal. Well, unless you are rocking the chin strap look. An important tip for an awesome looking beard is to keep your moustache groomed as well. Trim your beard every few days and keep it hydrated using beard oil or balm.
Load Up On Those Nutrients
Your diet affects the health and appearance of your beard greatly. Use healthy, vitamin and protein-rich food to maintain a healthy beard. Nuts, egg, meat, green leafy vegetables and milk are a must-have in your diet. Avoid junk food as much as you can.
At last, we give you the most important tip. Be patient. Growing and grooming a beard is a long-term commitment that needs effort, time and patience. It is not a process that takes a few weeks or months. You need to invest years to get the beard that you desire. Eat healthily, exercise, sleep well, groom it regularly and stay away from alcohol.
- men fashion8 Tips To Make A Patchy Beard Look Fuller
- wellness11 Common, But No So Common Beard Problems And Ways To Treat Them
- men fashionOn Veteran Actor Rishi Kapoor’s Death Anniversary, A Look At His Stylish Hair And Beard Looks From His 5 Films
- men fashionJim Carrey Takes The Beard Growth Challenge During Self-Quarantine
- men fashionHow To Trim Your Beard Like A Pro- The Easy Guide
- men fashion9 Tips For Faster Beard Growth
- men fashionA Complete Guide On How To Dye Your Beard
- men fashionNo Shave November Special: 13 Popular Beard Myths That You Should Stop Believing
- men fashionNo Shave November Special: Benefits Of Beard Growth Serum And How To Apply It
- men fashionNo Shave November Special: Benefits Of Beard Wax And How To Use It
- men fashionNo Shave November Special: Tips To Maintain A Healthy Beard
- men fashionNo Shave November Special: Difference Between Beard Oil And Beard Balm