- 1 hr ago How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 2 hrs ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 2 hrs ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 3 hrs ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- Movies 1917 Crosses US$200 Million At The Global Box Office
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- News In Bhubaneswar, Men found sitting in women's seat in city buses to be fined
- Sports Spurs sign PSV's Bergwijn for reported £27m
- Technology Alibaba Foldable Phone Patent Spotted: How’s It Different?
- Finance Sensex Ends Higher On Strong Global Cues
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Odisha In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Doing a manicure is a relaxing and pampering time for us. It feels good and makes our hands pretty. You feel at ease and beautiful after a manicure, don't you? But, that usually lasts for a short span of time as our nail paint starts to chip within a few days. And that is not a great sight to look at and we can not afford to get a manicure done every few days as well.
So, how do you ensure that your manicure stays intact for a longer period? Don't you worry. Today, we have some amazing tips for you to make your manicure last long. Here we go.
1. File Your Nails Beforehand
Filing you nails to your desired shape after you apply the polish can ruin your manicure. To prevent this, file your nails before applying the nail paint.
2. Buff The Nails
The next step to do after filing your nails is to buff out the nail bed with a nail filer. This helps to roughen up the nail bed and the polish to stick better.
3. Try The Vinegar Trick
Before you move to the application of the base coat, it is advised that you apply some vinegar on your nails using a cotton swab. Vinegar helps remove the natural oils on the nails and nail paint to stay on the nails for a longer period. Allow it to dry before moving in with the nail paint application.
4. Push The Cuticles Back
Pushing back the cuticles is an important step to prep for the manicure. This helps prevent chipping at the base of the nails.
5. Roll The Nail Polish Bottle
We usually tend to shake the nail paint bottle vigourously before applying it. We suggest, instead of shaking it, roll the nail paint bottle between your hands. This eradicates any air bubbles in the polish and prevent it from chipping later.
6. Go For A Stick Base Coat
A sticky base coat will ensure the polish remains on your nails for a longer time. Not only does it prevent the nail ridges but also keep your nails hydrated.
7. Avoid Soaking Your Hands In Water
Soaking your nails in water as part of your manicure is something we have often seen many professionals do. This helps to soften your cuticles. But what it also does is expand your nails. And when your nails shrink after you apply the nail paint, the polish does not actually fit and your manicure is ruined. So we suggest you use cuticle oil instead.
8. Use A Mild Soap Instead Of Hand Sanitizer
Sanitizers often contain alcohol that can ruin your manicure. So, if you want to make the manicure last, use a mild soap to wash your hands.
9. The Filing Trick
Our nail paint often start chipping from the tips. To prevent this from ruining your manicure, file your tips down and reapply your top coat and you are sorted.
10.Avoid Painting On The Cuticles
You nail paint will chip from the cuticles and it will make your manicure a mess. So, instead of applying polish over your cuticles, push them back.
11. Play With The Ombre Effect
How many times has it happened that your nail paint is chipped from the top or the base while the rest of it is in perfect condition? We say, too many times. A simple trick to hide that would be creating an ombre effect.
If your nail is chipped at the base, use a glitter polish to cover it while adding to its beauty. To hide the paint chipped at the tips, use a contrasting nail paint to create a French manicure effect.
12. Seal The Tips Of Your Nails
Sealing the nails is important to prevent chipping at the tips. Do it to your base coat and your nail paint.
13. Double Application Of Top Coat
Top coat is a much needed finish to your nail paint. It locks everything in place. Apply double coats of the top coat to prevent chipping of the nail paint.
14. Dry The Polish Using Cold Air
We usually blow the nail paint or use a blow dryer to dry it. That actually doesn’t help. Use the cold air setting in your blow dryer to dry the nail paint or dip your hands in ice-cold water to accelerate the process.