- 11 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 19 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 16 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S11+ Battery And Display Features Tipped
- News Unnao incident: Akhilesh Yadav sits on dharna, Priyanka Gandhi blames UP govt
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Clarifies Her Comment On Harshvardhan Kapoor: I Told Him It Wasn't A Personal Dig
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
You may be sitting alone on the seaside, for example, in a holiday mood, thinking of nothing in particular. Suddenly you behold a late moon rising from the eastern sky. If your mind is not preoccupied with other thoughts, and you are relaxed, don't you feel that there is an "ah", a voiceless majesty, a wordless and inexpressible poetry, a compelling charm, an irresistible magic (of the silent mind) in the very same vision that you have seen from your childhood onwards and which is really nothing new?
Study the scriptures seriously. Once you have their ideas in your mind, start putting them into practice through the various yogas of bhakti, karnla, jnana, and so on. By all these methods, the mind becomes subtle. The subtler the mind, the deeper is the study of the scriptures. Then the mind understands more of the relative postion between the Brahman and the world - jiva,jagat, and Isvara. Once the relative positions are known by the mind, then whether your eyes are closed or open, it does not matter.
You are transported into an awareness of the omnipresence of the dynamic Divine. No teacher can give you this comprehension. No God can bless you with this awareness.
To be continued
About the author
Swami Chinmayananda discusses about the ultimate Brahman experienced in the silent mind in this article which is an expert from his write up, 'The Highest Truth'