- 1 hr ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 2 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 2 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- News Being between 'devil and deep sea': Chidambaram on states' situation after Centre's excise cut on fuel
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu Non-Stop Winner: Bindu Madhavi Takes Home The Trophy
- Sports UFC Vegas 55 results and recap: Vieira earns split decision over former bantamweight champion Holm
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
In Hinduism, the Shravan month is considered as one of the auspicious months, as people can witness a combination of many festivals including Shravan Somwar (Sawan Somwar), Raksha Bandhan, Hariyali Teej to name a few. Nag Panchami is one of these festivals and holds a great importance among the people who follow Hinduism and are an ardent worshipper of Lord Shiva.
Every year, during the Shukla Paksha Panchami the festival is observed according to the Hindu calendar. This year, the day is on 13 August.
According to the scriptures, Lord Shiva holds a snake around his throat, while Lord Vishnu is seen resting on the coils of Sheshnag (serpent of Lord Vishnu). Considering these aspects, snakes are regarded as a deity and worshipped. The day signifies by worshipping 12 forms of Nag Devta on the auspicious time. Moreover, worshipping the snakes and offering milk to them symbolises the significance of why humans need to stay in harmony with nature.
Timings of Nag Panchami
The duration of the Nag Panchami puja muhurta will be 2 hours and 39 minutes.
|Name of the puja||Date and Day||Start Timing||End Timing|
|Nag Panchami Tithi||12-13 August 2021||03:24 PM||01:42 PM (August 13)|
|Puja Vidhi Muhurat||13 August 2021||05:49 AM||08:28 AM|
Nag Panchami Puja Mantra
1. सर्वे नागाः प्रीयन्तां मे ये केचित् पृथ्वीतले।ये च हेलिमरीचिस्था येऽन्तरे दिवि संस्थिताः॥ये नदीषु महानागा ये सरस्वतिगामिनः।ये च वापीतडगेषु तेषु सर्वेषु वै नमः॥
Sarve Naagaah Preeyantaan me ye Kechit Prthveetale, Ye ch Helimareechistha Yentare Divi Sansthitaah, Ye Nadeeshu Mahaanaaga ye Sarasvatigaaminah, Ye ch Vaapeetadageshu teshu Sarveshu vai Namah.
Translation: We praise the snakes who live in every part of the earth- sky, lakes, heaven, ponds, wells, and sun-rays. May they bless us with a good life.
2. अनन्तं वासुकिं शेषं पद्मनाभं च कम्बलम्।शङ्ख पालं धृतराष्ट्रं तक्षकं कालियं तथा॥एतानि नव नामानि नागानां च महात्मनाम्।सायङ्काले पठेन्नित्यं प्रातःकाले विशेषतः।तस्य विषभयं नास्ति सर्वत्र विजयी भवेत्॥
Anantam Vasukim Shesham, Padmanabham cha Kambalam, Shankhapalam Dhartarashtram, Taxakam Kaliyam Tatha, Etani Nava Navaami Naganancha Mahatmana, Sayam Patenityam Prathahkaale Visheshita, Tasya Vishabhayam Naasti Sarvatra Vijayaa Bhaveth
Translation: We pray to the 9 nag devatas - Vasuki, Anant, Padmanabh, Shesh, Shankhapal, Kambal, Kalia, Takshak, and Dhrutrashtra daily in the morning to protect us from evil and help us be successful in life.
Nag Panchami Puja Vidhi
- Draw an intertwined serpent on the doors and walls of the house.
- Place a portrait of Naga deity (made of wood, silver or stone) and bath it with milk and water.
- Chant the mantras mentioned above
- Optional to prepare a rice pudding for the deity
- Offer flowers, sandalwood, and vermilion.
- Visit the Shiva temple as it is considered auspicious
- festivalsNag Panchami 2021: Quotes And Wishes To Share
- festivalsNag Panchami 2020: Things You Need To Do And Avoid Doing On This Day
- faith mysticismNag Panchami 2019: Interesting Facts About Nag Panchami From Bhavishya Purana
- festivalsNag Panchami 2020: Remedies To Remove Kalsarpa Dosha
- festivalsNag Panchami 2021: Interesting Legends Associated with Nag Panchami
- festivalsNag Panchami 2020: Why Is Nag Panchami Celebrated?
- festivalsNag Panchami 2020: How To Observe This Festival
- festivalsNag Panchami 2020: Significance Of This Day
- insyncAmarnath Yatra 2022: Date, Registration, Helicopter Booking Cost, Medical Form, Age Limit - Everything To Know
- fashion factsMahashivratri 2022: Which Colour Outfit To Wear On The Auspicious Day?
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Lord Shiva And His 19 Avatars, Meaning And Significance
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: What Clothes To Wear And Not To Wear On This Auspicious Day