- 2 hrs ago Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
- 3 hrs ago Prominent Chennai Hospital Perform India’s First True Robotic Bariatric Surgery Using Robotic Staplers
- 5 hrs ago Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s Bridal Look Is Winning The Social Media; Kudos To Stylist Preetham Jukalker
- 6 hrs ago Vitamin D May Protect Severe Covid Infection, Death: Study
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- News Captain Amarinder Singh Resigns: Who will be next Punjab CM?
- Sports Durand Cup: Group C opens up as Delhi FC and Bengaluru FC play a well contested draw
- Movies Mira Rajput Shares A Candid Pic Of Herself, Her Caption Has A Connection With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Finance Top 4 Private Sector Banks Promising Interest Up To 7% On 5 Year Fixed Deposits
- Automobiles Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
In Hinduism, the Shravan month is considered as one of the auspicious months, as people can witness a combination of many festivals including Shravan Somwar (Sawan Somwar), Raksha Bandhan, Hariyali Teej to name a few. Nag Panchami is one of these festivals and holds a great importance among the people who follow Hinduism and are an ardent worshipper of Lord Shiva.
Every year, during the Shukla Paksha Panchami the festival is observed according to the Hindu calendar. This year, the day is on 13 August.
According to the scriptures, Lord Shiva holds a snake around his throat, while Lord Vishnu is seen resting on the coils of Sheshnag (serpent of Lord Vishnu). Considering these aspects, snakes are regarded as a deity and worshipped. The day signifies by worshipping 12 forms of Nag Devta on the auspicious time. Moreover, worshipping the snakes and offering milk to them symbolises the significance of why humans need to stay in harmony with nature.
Timings of Nag Panchami
The duration of the Nag Panchami puja muhurta will be 2 hours and 39 minutes.
|Name of the puja||Date and Day||Start Timing||End Timing|
|Nag Panchami Tithi||12-13 August 2021||03:24 PM||01:42 PM (August 13)|
|Puja Vidhi Muhurat||13 August 2021||05:49 AM||08:28 AM|
Nag Panchami Puja Mantra
1. सर्वे नागाः प्रीयन्तां मे ये केचित् पृथ्वीतले।ये च हेलिमरीचिस्था येऽन्तरे दिवि संस्थिताः॥ये नदीषु महानागा ये सरस्वतिगामिनः।ये च वापीतडगेषु तेषु सर्वेषु वै नमः॥
Sarve Naagaah Preeyantaan me ye Kechit Prthveetale, Ye ch Helimareechistha Yentare Divi Sansthitaah, Ye Nadeeshu Mahaanaaga ye Sarasvatigaaminah, Ye ch Vaapeetadageshu teshu Sarveshu vai Namah.
Translation: We praise the snakes who live in every part of the earth- sky, lakes, heaven, ponds, wells, and sun-rays. May they bless us with a good life.
2. अनन्तं वासुकिं शेषं पद्मनाभं च कम्बलम्।शङ्ख पालं धृतराष्ट्रं तक्षकं कालियं तथा॥एतानि नव नामानि नागानां च महात्मनाम्।सायङ्काले पठेन्नित्यं प्रातःकाले विशेषतः।तस्य विषभयं नास्ति सर्वत्र विजयी भवेत्॥
Anantam Vasukim Shesham, Padmanabham cha Kambalam, Shankhapalam Dhartarashtram, Taxakam Kaliyam Tatha, Etani Nava Navaami Naganancha Mahatmana, Sayam Patenityam Prathahkaale Visheshita, Tasya Vishabhayam Naasti Sarvatra Vijayaa Bhaveth
Translation: We pray to the 9 nag devatas - Vasuki, Anant, Padmanabh, Shesh, Shankhapal, Kambal, Kalia, Takshak, and Dhrutrashtra daily in the morning to protect us from evil and help us be successful in life.
Nag Panchami Puja Vidhi
- Draw an intertwined serpent on the doors and walls of the house.
- Place a portrait of Naga deity (made of wood, silver or stone) and bath it with milk and water.
- Chant the mantras mentioned above
- Optional to prepare a rice pudding for the deity
- Offer flowers, sandalwood, and vermilion.
- Visit the Shiva temple as it is considered auspicious