- 5 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 7 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 7 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 10 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- News MP urban body elections: 61 pc voting in 1st phase
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ25 Vs TVS Ronin - Specs Comparison
- Sports Legends League Cricket Season 2: Star Date, Final, List of Players, Teams, Venue, Big Names Likely to Compete
- Movies Sanya Malhotra Shares The Secret Of Tackling With Challenging Scenes In HIT: The First Case
- Finance Emkay Global Bets On This Maharatna Stock For 36% Potential Gains, Details Inside
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
In Hindu Mythology, Ganga Dussehra has great importance. According to Vikram Samvat, the Hindu Calendar, Ganga Dussehra is celebrated every year on the Dashami of Shukla Paksha in Jyeshtha month. This year the date falls on 20 June 2021. The festival is celebrated to mark the day when the holy Ganga descended on the Earth for the first time. To know more about this festival, scroll down the article below.
Auspicious Muhurta For Ganga Dussehra
Since Ganga Dussehra is observed on the Dashami tithi during the Shukla Paksha in Jyeshtha month, this year the tithi will begin at 06:45 PM on 19 June 2021. The tithi will end at 04:21 PM on 20 June 2021. The Hindus and devotees of Goddess Ganga will be celebrating the festival on 20 June 2021 as in Hinduism, a day begins only after the sunrise.
Therefore, on 20 June 2021, the devotees of the holy Ganga can take a dip into its sacred water. Those who can't go for taking a dip in the river can bathe at their homes or in other water bodies. Also, this year we are facing the novel coronavirus pandemic, therefore, bathing in the Ganges may not be feasible.
Rituals Of Ganga Dussehra
- Devotees wake up early in the morning and they freshen up.
- After this, they take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Give Arghya (water offering) to Lord Surya (Sun) and chant Om Shri Gange Namah. While chanting this mantra, pray to holy Ganga and offer Arghya to her as well.
- After this, worship the Ganges and seek blessings from her.
- Donate food, clothes, grains and money to those who are poor and helpless.
Significance Of Ganga Dussehra
- The river Ganga is often referred to as Mother as devotees believe that one can get rid of their sins by worshipping and taking a dip in the holy water of Ganga.
- It is said on this day only, river Ganga descended from heaven and blessed the earth.
- People worship river Ganga on many occasions but Ganga Dussehra has its own importance.
- The holy water of Ganga is used in many auspicious works and is considered to be extremely sacred.
- The day is believed to be highly auspicious and therefore, people prefer initiating their important work on this day.
- It is said that those who take a holy dip in the water of Ganga on this day, seek blessings in the form of purity, eternal peace and prosperity.
- Those who can't go to take a bath in the river can put a few drops of Ganga Jal in the water which is being used for bathing.
- yoga spiritualityGuru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri Day 09: Maa Siddhidhatri Puja 2022 Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras, And Significance
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Maa Mahagauri Puja Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras, And Significance
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 7: Maa Kalratri Puja Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras And Significance
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 05 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Maa Katyayani Puja Date, Rituals, Legend, Mantras, And Significance
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Goddess Skandamata Puja: Date, Rituals, Mantras And Significance
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 04 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- numerologyJuly 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 03 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 4: Kushmanda Puja 2022 Date, Iconography, Rituals, And Mantra