- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 9 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 17 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- Sports CWG 2022: Indian women’s cricket team clinch silver in first-ever Games final as Aus bag gold with 9-run win
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 7 Highlights: Chetna Pande Gets Eliminated From The Show
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
A North Carolina woman, Jada Mackenzie Travis has recently gone viral for sharing her opinion about not shaving her body hair for the past three years and speaking about people who are judgemental about her decision. The video has garnered over 4.6 million views.
We are part of a society where many get grossed out while seeing women with armpit hair, even though shaving them can cause a minor inconvenience. In the video, Jada says, "I wanna talk about my armpit hair today. And I'm going to send this video to every single person that constantly talks about it. I have not shaved my armpits in three years, and that's a long time, and I'm ready to talk about WHY."
Experts say that pubic hair serves a protective function by trapping pathogens that could otherwise enter your body. Removing pubic hair may therefore make a person more susceptible to common infections. Hair removal can also irritate your skin, leading to skin infections such as cellulitis and folliculitis. In other cases, grooming-related injuries, such as cuts, could become infected, mentions Healthline.
"Allow me to show you the demonstration of what I have drawn this morning. This is us. We are on a floating rock, OK?! This is us on a floatin' rock, and we literally just go like this with all the other floatin' rocks all year round. And I live in the South, and it's a very interesting place. It's a place where people don't always have their teeth, but they really value razors apparently," she says in the video. "And I'll go an hour into the city, and nobody looks at me. 'I'll take my drink, my order, my table.' Nobody looks at me,", she adds while raising her hands to show her armpits.
"But if I go to Love Valley - that's cowboy county - and go to the Dollar General there, and I lift up my arm to pay, it's like the whole place is like, 'Oh my god!!!!' And y'all don't even have teeth. Why are you worried about using a razor? No offence - if you don't have teeth, that's OK. But you shouldn't be crappy about somebody's armpit hair."
"And the next thing. The last thing on my list as to why I have armpit hair. Why would I want to shave a part of my body that bends like this, and then the hair is going to grow back like three hours later, and it's going to be hot and sweaty? Like scratch, scratch, scratch - you are creatin' sandpaper."
"If you wanna shave your armpits, I don't give a crap. But I don't wanna shave mine. I shaved mine for like 10 years straight. Every. Single. Day. And it just doesn't matter. We're on a floatin' rock. So, floating rock - nothing matters - do what you want. Have your armpit hair - I don't care."
"I think the key to being happy is to just do whatever the heck you want and not let anybody get in your way, anytime, ever. Do what makes you happy," she concluded in her video on TikTok.
Jada decided to stop shaving her underarm hair in 2019 but as she was into singing and dancing while she grew up and also worked with companies all through high school, she couldn't stop shaving and had to be stage ready at all times, she told BuzzFeed. It is during the same time, that she figured out and realized what made her happy rather than conforming to opinions that weighed her down. This made her feel free and gave her wings, she said.
She believes everyone is special and unique in their own way and she is on a journey to pursue what she feels is true to herself irrespective of other people's opinions. "I believe society has had a hold on women for too long. Now is the time to stand together. Society disregards women when they don't fit a certain mould that has been created by the 'conscious collective.' This has been a heartbreaking shame for generations - oh, what the world has lost by smothering the female power. The healers, creators, artists, and so much more. Standing together as women make us stronger. We must protect and believe in one another, speak kindly, and stand up for what we believe in," she added.
- hair careWhat Is 'Liquid Hair,' And How To Get The Glossy-Shiny Hair At Home
- men fashionKundali Bhagya Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar's Amazing Hair Affair
- skin careTwo-In-One: 7 Quick, Single-Ingredient Masks For Your Hair And Skin
- hair careTea Rinse For Hair: Is It Good For Hair Breakage?
- hair careOn International Wig Day, Actors Of &TV Channel Share The Importance Of Wigs In Costumes
- hair careHow To Improve Your Hair Texture At Home: Home Remedies And Hair Masks
- hair careTired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
- hair careHow To Take Care Of Your Hair In Winter? 9 Smart Hair Care Hacks By An Expert
- disorders cureWhat Is Trichotillomania Or Hair-Pulling Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatments
- wellnessAmazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- make up tipsJennifer Lopez's Hair And Makeup At MTV VMAs 2021 And How To Perfect It At Minimal Cost!
- lifeMeet Alona Kravchenko: A Real-life Rapunzel Who Didn’t Cut Her Hair In 30 Years