- 4 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 5 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 6 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- Finance Small Cap Stock, 8% Away From 52-Week Low, To Conduct Stock Split; 5 Years Return 6416%
- News Watch: Jaishankar accorded a Maori welcome
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Prashanth Sambargi Suffers An Emotional Breakdown After He Fails To Perform Well In Task
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
The legendary singer, Lata Mangeshkar, was honoured with the 'Daughter of the Nation' title when she turned 90 on 28 September 2019. She has been conferred the title as a tribute to her contribution to Indian cinema music for almost seven decades. This year marks her 92nd birthday.
As the nation celebrates the birthday of the Nightingale of India, a beach art in Puri has caught our attention.
Last year, on the occasion of her birthday, an event was organised by Jeevangani, where 91 Hindi-Marathi songs (40 solo Marathi songs, 51 Hindi solo songs) were presented.
The first session of the event began with 'Lata Marathi' which will see 40 solo Marathi songs sung and presented by leading singers like Vidya Karlagikar, Ketaki Bhave, Suvarna Mategaonkar, Sonali Karnik, and Advaita Lonkar among others.
In the second session of the event, the book named 'Lata' was launched in the presence of the Mangeshkar family. The foreword of the book is penned by the acclaimed cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and it has rare photographs and anecdotes by personalities from different fields.
The third session of the event started with 'Lata Hindi' were 51 solo Hindi songs, originally sung by the legendary singer herself will be presented by leading and popular singers like Suvarna Mategaonkar, Savni Ravindra, Nirupapa Dey, Sampada Goswami, Sonali Karnik, and Radhika Nande.
- women17-Year-Old Payal Jangid Becomes First Indian To Win Changemaker Award For Fighting Child Marriage
Lata Mangeshkar is fondly called the Nightingale of India because of her melodious voice. Here are some facts about her on her birthday.
1. Lata Mangeshkar was born on 28 September 1929. Her original name was Hema, but she was rechristened later as Lata after a popular character Latika from her father's play Bhaaw Bandhan.
2. She is the daughter of Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar and Shevanti. She is the elder sister of singers Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar, Meena Mangeshkar, and Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
3. Lataji started singing at the age of 5.
4. She has acted in over eight films from 1942 to 1948.
5. When Lataji entered the film industry as a playback singer, she was rejected because her voice was considered too thin in that era as compared to Noor Jehan and Shamshad Begum, who had heavy nasal voices.
6. Lataji has recorded songs in over a thousand Hindi films and has sung songs in over 36 regional and foreign languages.
7. Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo, a Hindi patriotic song, is sung by Lata Mangeshkar.
8. In 1974, Lata Mangeshkar was listed as the most recorded artist in the history in the Guinness Book of Records.
9. In 1989, she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest film honour in India.
10. Lata Mangeshkar has also been awarded the Bharat Ratna (2001), Padma Vibhushan (1999), Padma Bhushan (1969), NTR National Award, Maharashtra Bhushan Award and ANR National Award to name a few.
- menPM Narendra Modi Receives 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award At Ceremony In Mumbai
- womenLata Mangeshkar: A Look At The Legendary Singer’s Iconic Sarees
- art cultureLata Mangeshkar: The Legendary Indian Singer's Journey, As She Leaves For Her Heavenly Abode
- art cultureLegendary Indian Singer Lata Mangeshkar Passes Away At 92
- womenLata Mangeshkar Birthday: Lesser-Known Facts About 'The Nightingale Of India'
- fashion trendsRanu Mondal's New Wardrobe Includes Gorgeous Saris And Gold Jewellery
- newsWatch: Social Media Sensation Ranu Mondal Records Her First Song For Himesh Reshammiya
- insyncLata Mangeshkar Celebrates 79th Birthday
- insyncSalman unveils his statue at Madame Tussauds
- menKK Dies At 53: Facts About The Renowned Playback Singer-Songwriter
- womenLataMangeshkar Facts: Life And Times Of The Nightingale Of India
- art cultureI'd Do Anything For Love Singer Meat Loaf Passes Away At 74: Tribute