- 1 hr ago To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- 3 hrs ago Excited For Bigg Boss 14? Well, Gauahar Khan’s Powder Blue Gown From The Promo Will Excite You More!
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 September 2020
- 16 hrs ago ICW 2020: JJ Valaya’s Gorgeous Ottoman-inspired Outfits Are A Break From Minimalism
- News More meets on the cards before Indo-China disengagement takes place along LAC
- Movies Sonu Sood Reacts To Being Called A 'FRAUD' As Many Tweets Asking For Actor's Help Are Missing!
- Automobiles Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- Technology Human Fall Flat Game Download For Android: How To Download Human Fall Flat Game Free On Android
- Sports Devdutt Padikkal story: 'You are in the playing XI' When Virat Kohli left young RCB batsman nervous
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Kadhi is an authentic North Indian recipe that is prepared in most households as a part of the regular meals. Kadhi is made up of besan; but besan cannot be eaten during the fast, so the vrat ki kadhi is made up of chestnut flour.
Chestnut flour is a great source of energy as it is gluten-free, cholestrol-free, low in sugar and sodium, enriched with potassium, minerals, calcium and iron and a good amount of fibre that keep our body going during the fast. It is suggested to consume water chestnut flour as a substitute for cereals so that the energy level is maintained for long hours.
Recipe By: Meena Bhandari
Recipe Type: Curry
Curd - 4 cups
Chestnut flour - 2 tbsp
Curry leaves - 8-10
Jeera seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - ½ cup
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Rock salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Dalchini (Cinnamon) powder - 1 pinch
Hing (Asafoetida) - 1 pinch
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Green chillies chopped - 2-3
Water - 1 cup
1. In a bowl, add the curd and chestnut flour and whisk them to make a smooth paste
2. Add cinnamon powder and turmeric powder to the paste and mix well
3. Add a cup of water and blend well
4. Take a pan and heat ghee in it
5. Add 1 pinch of hing (Asafoetida) in it along with jeera and mustard seeds
6. After they start spluttering, add curry leaves, green chillies and red chilly powder to it
7. Now add the curd and chestnut flour paste in it and stir well
8. Add rock salt to taste
9. Keep stirring it for 7-8 minutes
10. Transfer it into a serving bowl and serve hot.
- Keep stirring the kadhi continuously while cooking.
- 1 - bowl
- Calories - 333 Cal
- fat - 0g
- Protein - 13.9g
- Carb - 32.4g
- Fiber - 1.8g
How To PrepareVrat Ki Kadhi
1. In a bowl, add the curd and chestnut flour and whisk them to make a smooth paste.
2. Add cinnamon powder and turmeric powder to the paste and mix well.
3. Add a cup of water and blend well. Take a pan and heat ghee in it
4. Add 1 pinch of hing (Asafoetida) in it along with jeera and mustard seeds.
5. After they start spluttering, add curry leaves, green chillies and red chilly powder to it.
6. Now add the curd and chestnut flour paste in it and stir well.
7. Add rock salt to taste.
8. Keep stirring it for 7-8 minutes.
9. Transfer it into a serving bowl and serve hot.