- 2 hrs ago 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- 5 hrs ago Hadid Sisters Hit Runway For Marc Jacobs With Partially 'Shaved' Heads And Bleached Brows
- 5 hrs ago July 2022: Lucky And Unlucky Zodiac Signs This Month
- 6 hrs ago Expert Article: Pericoronitis, An Unfamiliar But Agonizing Dental Issue
- News NIA to take over probe into Maharashtra chemist's murder
- Sports Karnataka T20 League: KSCA to conduct tournament from August 15 -- Winners List, History, Teams
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor: I Have A Dream That Once In My Career, I Will Do A Negative Role
- Finance South Africans Struggle, In The Dark To Cope With Power Cuts
- Automobiles 2022 TVS iQube - Can It Compete With The Best Now?
- Technology Xiaomi 12S Series To Get Eco-Friendly Leather Rear Panel; Expected Features, Specs
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
A very famous Coorgi (relished and prepared mostly in Coorg) dish, pandi pork curry is rich and dark in colour. It doesn't look very appealing in the very first sight, but once tasted, it cannot be resisted.
A unique pork preparation, pandi pork curry is unconventional, spicy and fiery in flavours. It will surely arouse your taste buds for something too hot, literally.
Chef Noah Barnes has given us an authentic recipe to prepare the Coorgi-style pandi curry. Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure.
Recipe By: Chef Noah Barnes
Recipe Type: Main Course
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
For the masala paste:
Small onions, quartered - 2 1/2
Ginger - 1/2
Cloves - 7
Curry leaves - 10-12
Small green chillies - 4-5
Handful of coriander leaves
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Pork - 1/2 kg
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 6-7
Masala - 1 Tbsp
Pork stock - 1/2 cup
Masala paste - 1 tbsp
Turmeric extract - 1 tsp
Water - 4-5 cups
How To Prepare:
1. Wash the pork with clean running water.
2. In a clean pot, add 1/2 kg pork, water, salt and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile prepare the masala.
For the masala:
1. Take a pan, put it on slow flame. Add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and pepper.
2. Mix all the seeds well. Roast them, till it changes color.
3. Once roasted, let them cool for a while.
4. Powder the cooled mixture and use it as a masala. Keep the ready masala aside.
For the masala paste:
1. Heat a pan on slow flame. Add onions, ginger, cloves, curry leaves and small green chillies.
2. Mix all of these well and cook till the onions turn golden brown.
3. Once cooked, add a handful of coriander leaves and oil so that the ingredients don't stick to each other.
4. Mix and remove from heat. Now grind this paste nicely. Keep aside.
1. Add oil in a pan. When it heats up, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them sizzle. Then add the above made masala paste and mix well.
2. Then add half a cup of water, masala, half cup pork stock, haldi and red chilli powder.
3. Once fried, add pork, turmeric extract and salt to taste. Mix well.
4. Add 4-5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook it till the pork is nice and tender.
5. Once cooked garnish it with coriander leaves.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice
- 1. Make sure that the pork is coated well with the masala.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 1245 cal
- Fat - 64 g
- Protein - 36 g
- Carbohydrates - 139 g
- Sugar - 11 g
- Dietary Fibre - 13 g
- 21 Amazing Health Benefits Of Curry Leaves: Weight Loss, Infections, Diabetes And More
- Thai Red Curry Recipe: Know How To Prepare It At Your Home
- Rajma Masala Recipe: Kidney Beans Curry Recipe
- Chestnut Flour Kadhi Recipe: How To Make Vrat Ki Kadhi
- Palak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- Aloo Matar Gravy Recipe: How To Prepare Potato Peas Gravy At Home
- Tawa Paneer Khatta Pyaaz Recipe: How To Prepare Tawa Paneer Masala
- Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Vegetable Sagu Recipe: How To Prepare Mix Veg Sagu
- Kung Pao Chicken Recipe With Noodles
- Methi Gatte Ki Sabzi Recipe: How To Prepare Rajasthani Dana Methi And Gatte Ki Sabzi
- Paneer Capsicum Sabzi Recipe: How To Prepare Paneer And Shimla Mirch Masala