- Sports India vs West Indies: Shivam Dube slams maiden T20I fifty, Virat Kohli gets lauded for his masterstroke
- News Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital, thanks fans for prayers
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Have you ever heard of Kathal Ke Kebab? No? Well Chef Hardev Singh gives us an amazing recipe of the kathal ke kebab. Monsoons and hot kebabs go hand-in-hand and they make for a delectable snack item in a small party or a gathering.
You don't need to think much, since this recipe of kathal ke kebab is very easy and fast to make. Try it once for sure. You can serve it hot with any chutney or dip of your choice. We are sure all the guests would love this recipe.
Recipe By: Chef Hardev Singh
Recipe Type: Snack
Kathal (jackfruit) - 2-3 pieces
Potatoes - 1½ cup
Garam masala - 2 tbsp
Red chilli whole - 1 tsp
Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
Bayleaf - 2
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 3-4
Ginger - 1 tsp
Mint - 7-8 leaves
Coriander - 1½ tbsp
Roasted channa powder - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Dry mango powder - 1 tbsp
Clove powder - 1 tsp
Elaichi powder - 1 tsp
Javitiri powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Desi ghee for pan frying - 1 tbsp
1. Take a pressure cooker and cut the potatoes and jackfruit into small pieces and put them in the same. Also, add little salt, turmeric powder, whole red chilli and bayleaf. Boil them.
2. Allow them to cool and set aside. Remove the bayleaf and strain it nicely.
3. Now, transfer all the strained ingredients into a large bowl and mash both potato and jackfruit properly.
4. Add all the spices, salt and chopped green chillies, mint and coriander and mix everything properly.
5. Now, make small balls of the mixture and slightly flatten these between both the palms to shape it like a kebab/tikki/patties.
6. Heat a non-stick pan and add desi ghee. Now, shallow fry the kebabs gently from both the sides.
7. You can serve the kebabs hot with a salad and your favourite dip, chutney or ketchup.
- 1. The reason we added all the ingredients while boiling is to infuse the veggies with the flavours.
- 2. You can also deep fry the kebabs as well. It’s just that deep-fried items are little heavy than the shallow-fried ones.
- Serving size - 3 pieces
- Calories - 113 cal
- Fat - 6.4 g
- Protein - 12.9 g
- Carbohydrates - 0.8 g
- Sugar - 3 g