- 52 min ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 14 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Movies Saumya Tandon's Personal Hair Stylist Tests Positive For COVID-19; BGPH Makers Release Statement
- Sports Sophie Devine appointed full-time captain of New Zealand women's cricket team
- News Kanpur firing: Vikas Dubey arrested in MP's Ujjain
- Technology Redmi Note 9 India Launch Likely Set For This Month
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 74.94 Per US Dollar
- Automobiles BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Have you ever heard of Kathal Ke Kebab? No? Well Chef Hardev Singh gives us an amazing recipe of the kathal ke kebab. Monsoons and hot kebabs go hand-in-hand and they make for a delectable snack item in a small party or a gathering.
You don't need to think much, since this recipe of kathal ke kebab is very easy and fast to make. Try it once for sure. You can serve it hot with any chutney or dip of your choice. We are sure all the guests would love this recipe.
Recipe By: Chef Hardev Singh
Recipe Type: Snack
Kathal (jackfruit) - 2-3 pieces
Potatoes - 1½ cup
Garam masala - 2 tbsp
Red chilli whole - 1 tsp
Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
Bayleaf - 2
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 3-4
Ginger - 1 tsp
Mint - 7-8 leaves
Coriander - 1½ tbsp
Roasted channa powder - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Dry mango powder - 1 tbsp
Clove powder - 1 tsp
Elaichi powder - 1 tsp
Javitiri powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Desi ghee for pan frying - 1 tbsp
1. Take a pressure cooker and cut the potatoes and jackfruit into small pieces and put them in the same. Also, add little salt, turmeric powder, whole red chilli and bayleaf. Boil them.
2. Allow them to cool and set aside. Remove the bayleaf and strain it nicely.
3. Now, transfer all the strained ingredients into a large bowl and mash both potato and jackfruit properly.
4. Add all the spices, salt and chopped green chillies, mint and coriander and mix everything properly.
5. Now, make small balls of the mixture and slightly flatten these between both the palms to shape it like a kebab/tikki/patties.
6. Heat a non-stick pan and add desi ghee. Now, shallow fry the kebabs gently from both the sides.
7. You can serve the kebabs hot with a salad and your favourite dip, chutney or ketchup.
- 1. The reason we added all the ingredients while boiling is to infuse the veggies with the flavours.
- 2. You can also deep fry the kebabs as well. It’s just that deep-fried items are little heavy than the shallow-fried ones.
- Serving size - 3 pieces
- Calories - 113 cal
- Fat - 6.4 g
- Protein - 12.9 g
- Carbohydrates - 0.8 g
- Sugar - 3 g