How to make your cervical mucus more fertile?Are you finding it tough to get pregnant? The role of cervical mucus in the process of getting pregnant cannot be underestimated. Without the mucus, the sperm cells cannot fertilise the eggs.
Are you wondering why? Well, the sperm has to swim and travel a distance to reach the egg and cervical mucus enables smooth travel.
Cervical mucus can also decide your fertility levels and ovulation cycles. Here are some ways to make your cervical mucus fertile.
Drink Water. How Water Is Linked To Fertility?
Cervical mucus is comprised of water. So, basically, dehydration is one big issue. If you are not drinking water properly, your cervical fluids may tend to dry up. Unless those fluids are slippery, sperm cells cannot travel comfortably to fertilise the egg.
Garlic can act like a thinner on cervical mucus. Also, garlic offers zinc, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B6. It also contains nutrients that boost the health of the egg.
Also Read: Can Cough Syrup Help You Get Pregnant?
Eat Leafy Vegetables
Leafy greens are important. They make your body alkaline which is good for cervical mucus and sperm.
Try Evening Primrose Oil
This oil can regulate your hormones, uterine health and also help the body in producing mucus. Evening primrose oil has nutrients that reduce inflammation. Also, this oil can create a smooth environment to favour the movement of the sperm cells. Consuming 1200 mg of this oil daily can help. Consult a doctor.
Try Cough Syrup
As cough syrup can deal with mucus, it can also work well for cervical mucus. The ingredient known as guaifenesin present in cough syrups can thin the cervical fluids. But never consume it too much.
Also Read: Causes Of Too Much Vaginal Discharge
In fact, consuming it only for a day (next day of ovulation) is better. Also, ensure that you drink lots of water after consuming cough syrup. Caution: Consult a doctor before you consume the syrup. Stay away from this remedy if you have liver issues or any other chronic health problems.
Drink Green Tea
Some studies claim that green tea is good for both male and female fertility levels. Green tea offers catechins, flavonoids, polyphenols and hypoxanthine. Also, green tea contains L Theanine, zinc and manganese which can reduce stress levels. But drink no more than a cup of green tea a day.
- When Is The Right Time To Plan Your Pregnancy?
- International Women’s Day: 21 Burning Questions On Women’s Health Just Answered!
- Things That No One Tells You About Pregnancy
- Things To Know About Bed Rest During Pregnancy
- Important Things To Know About Twin Pregnancy
- Why Is Breastfeeding Important For You And Your Baby?
- 10 Surprising Factors That Increase Heart Disease In Women
- Reasons For Lack Of Sleep During Pregnancy
- 5 Health Risks Of Having Anal Sex
- 10 Side Effects Of Raw Garlic You Should Know
- How Is A Second Pregnancy Different From The First?
- Handling Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- 10 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Raspberries