- 2 hrs ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 3 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 3 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Claps Back At Sangita Ghosh For Misconstruing Her Comments Over Swaran Ghar’s Dupatta Scene
- News Being between 'devil and deep sea': Chidambaram on states' situation after Centre's excise cut on fuel
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Sports UFC Vegas 55 results and recap: Vieira earns split decision over former bantamweight champion Holm
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Giving birth is the most wonderful event in a woman's life. Getting to see your baby finally after 9 months of waiting is truly rewarding.
The joy of holding your little one in your arms after hours of pain brings a level of contentment and satisfaction - like as if you just won the greatest war and got the best possible reward.
As much of a blessing as it seems, the process of giving birth can give nightmares to expecting mothers as well. All of us have come across various stories of how much painful the whole process is.
Women have to go through hours of painful labour. The thought of labour itself has made a lot of women opt for the other method of delivery, commonly known as a caesarean section.
Normal delivery is the process of giving birth through the vagina. It is the most natural way of delivery, which the female body is completely equipped for.
A caesarean delivery is pre-planned, where there is an incision made near the stomach and the baby is delivered. The use of anaesthesia during the procedure makes it completely painless. A lot of women nowadays are opting for a C-section, as they are scared of the pain that they have to go through during a normal delivery.
It has long been a topic of debate as to which is a safer method of delivery. Although both have their pros and cons, doctors have always been recommending the normal route of delivery, as it is healthy for both the mother and baby.
Here are a few advantages of normal delivery to support the claims.
1) Babies are said to be a lot healthier if they are delivered vaginally. Also, they receive the protective layer on their skin, which keeps them away from infections.
2) After a normal delivery, a mother can soon starting breast-feeding her baby, as the milk starts flowing immediately after birth.
3) Infants that are born vaginally have less chances of suffering from a health condition called tachypnea of the neonate. This is the condition where the newborn's lungs are filled with fluid. The pressure that the infant experiences during vaginal birthing squeezes away all the fluid from the lungs.
4) The time for recovery of both the mother and baby is less when there is normal delivery.
Although there are a few disadvantages of normal delivery, they are still debatable.
On the other hand, a caesarean delivery can cause a lot of complications during the procedure. Though it is painless, the recovery time is more.
Problems like blood loss, blood clot may put the life of the mother at risk. Also, the incision of the caesarean section takes longer to heal. It may also hamper the everyday activities. Sometimes, the incision is known to require re-stitching.
There are also chances of the baby being born pre-mature, as there is no labour pain to let you know that the baby has developed completely and is ready to arrive. The baby has to be fed with bottle milk till the breast milk starts flowing.
Some women choose to have a caesarean delivery due to many factors. Apart from feeling that they may not be able to endure the intensive labour pains, they feel that a normal delivery will damage their pelvic floors.
This leads to urinary and faecal incontinence. Also, their vaginal muscles lose their shape, causing sexual dysfunction. While it is true that vaginal muscles do loosen after the delivery, they come back in shape with the help of a few exercises.
Studies have found that women who have gone through a caesarean delivery develop health complications later on in life. Also, the newborn baby may also be at the risk of pre-mature delivery and may need to be kept in observation.
Remember that a woman's body is completely equipped to handle the labour pains. A caesarean delivery should only be opted for in case of any emergencies. Otherwise, the safest way of delivery is vaginally, as it poses a less risk of life to both the mother and the baby.
- basicsExpert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures
- basicsExpert Article: Do You Have Endometriosis? Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessIs Shawarma Healthy? Can Pregnant Women Eat It? What Do Experts Have To Say
- basicsWhat Expectant Dads Need To Anticipate During The Trimesters, Labor And Delivery
- wellnessNational Thalassemia Day 2022: Pregnancy In Women With Thalassemia
- recipesHealthy Breakfast Recipe For Pregnant Women: How To Prepare Beetroot And Sesame Chapati
- babyTransmission Of COVID-19 Infection From Mother To Baby Rare: BMJ Study
- menPunjab Polls: Conjoined Twins Vote Separately, Given Dark Glasses For Secrecy
- basicsWhat Is Pregnancy Brain? Symptoms, Causes And Management
- prenatalExpert Article: Is Your Pregnancy A High Risk One?
- basicsParental Vaccination Against Covid-19 Protects Children As Well: Study
- basicsExpert Article: Do's And Don'ts After An Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Procedure