- 2 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 4 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 4 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Kabir Khan Is Very Clear That He Will Be Releasing ’83 In The Theatre
- Sports Coronavirus: IOA hands over Rs 2 crore to Sports Minister on behalf of NSFs, athletes
- News AP BJP chief's daughter-in-law collapses, dies in Hyderabad
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Imagine that situation when you get pregnant even before your first baby starts his first solid food. This is not a rare case. It can happen to any woman at any time, due to the carelessness in taking contraceptive methods. No wonder if your grandmother is strict about not staying with your partner in one bedroom until after six months.
Is there any problem due to this? Definitely yes! It may be fun getting two children with one year age difference. But, once you get pregnant, you will not be able to breastfeed your first baby. And more over, you have to give a little time for your body to recover from the physiological changes that happened during the first pregnancy. Apart from all these, getting pregnant before the first period returns will steal the valuable time and energy that you have to dedicate to your first child.
Getting pregnant before period returns can be avoided if you are careful in some postnatal contraceptive measures. Here are some of the most effective precautions that will help avoid getting pregnant before period returns.
Breastfeeding: Even though there are many women who proved that this is wrong, it is best to avoid getting pregnant before your period returns. Breastfeeding delays the return of the first ovulation due to the action of prolactin. Thus, it will delay the return of the first period.
Condoms or diaphragm: This is the easiest and the most effective method to prevent the chance of getting pregnant soon after the first delivery. Moreover, using a contraceptive method will help you enjoy intercourse without any fear or tension.
Progesterone only pill: These pills are sometimes called as mini-pills. Using progesterone only pills is one of the most commonly used postnatal contraceptive measures. Women prefer this because it can be used safely during breastfeeding. It is recommended to seek medical advice before taking these contraceptive pills.
Implant or injections: Longer-acting contraceptives such as the implant or injection are also getting wide acceptance these days. The implant is a small rod inserted under the skin of the upper arm. It can continue its action for up to three years and the effects are reversible on its removal. The injection is given every three month, but the effects are not reversible with immediate effect.
For non-breastfeeding women: There are women who are not breastfeeding due to one or more reasons. For them, the options are a little wider. If you are one among them, you can use contraceptive pills that contain oestrogen as well. But remember to seek expert medical advice before opting for any self medications. This will help you stay safe and healthy.