During the breastfeeding stage, one concern may surely crop up. How much is too much? What is the ideal quantity of milk to be offered to the baby? What if the baby drinks milk in excess?
Many women worry about such concerns as childhood obesity is one big issue that many children of this generation are facing.
Some health experts say that over consumption isn't possible during the breastfeeding stage. But still, if you think your baby is drinking more milk then normal, here are some facts that may help you.
What Happens If Your Baby Over Consumes Milk?
Well, the first sign could be spitting up milk. If your baby spits milk while consuming, then it could mean he is already full.
Does It Happen Always?
If your baby is of healthy weight and seems to be okay then spitting milk may not be a sign of over consuming. Only if your baby repeatedly spits milk while consuming, you may need to worry.
Does It Show On The Body Weight?
Yes, over consumption of milk could make the baby over weight. But you don't need to be worried about the risk of obesity in your baby's adult life because the eating habits may change with time. Also, breast milk contains many beneficial properties which includes properties that curb obesity!
What To Do?
Whenever the baby asks for milk, you can offer the milk without worrying much about over consumption.
What Happens Later?
Though some babies gain fat due to over consumption of milk, they may gradually lose the excess weight as they start growing and activities like walking, playing and running may gradually start burning the excess calories.
Do You Need To Consult A Doctor?
If you think that your baby is consuming too much of milk and vomiting too, then it is better to ask the doctor what to do.
- World Milk Day 2018: Which Milk Is Healthier For You?
- Why Cockroach Milk Is The Next Superfood?
- Did You Know Milk Can Do So Much For The Skin?
- Does Milk Help You To Improve Your Skin Tone?
- 10 Health Benefits Of Dalia With Milk
- Is It Healthy To Drink Packaged Milk Without Boiling It?
- What Happens When We Drink Milk After Eating Chicken
- 10 Glutamine Rich Foods You Should Know
- 12 Healthy Foods Rich In Iodine
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- 13 High Calorie Foods For Weight Gain
- How To Make Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe