- Finance BIS Hallmark- Eligibility and Registration Process for Selling Hallmarked Gold
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Croatia vs Brazil: Brazil ousted after penalty defeat against Croatia
- Movies Exclusive! Flora Saini Recounts Brutal Domestic Violence Case: 'He Dragged Me By Hair On Streets'
- Technology Apple MacBook Pro With M2 Max Benchmarked on Geekbench Ahead of 2023 Launch
- News Congress high command to decide Himachal chief minister
- Automobiles The CT-1 Microcar Is A Real Life Transformer That May Just Change The Way We Drive
- Education DU PG Third Merit List 2022 To Be Out On December 12 At admission.uod.ac.in; Know How To Check
- Travel 5 Most Epic Offbeat Places To Visit In South India During Winter
The process of child-rearing is often associated with both positive and negative things.
Right from the moment a woman conceives, she beings to mentally prepare herself for the compromises she has to make after her newborn arrives.
Having the first look of her child, holding the baby in her arms, feeling the baby's tender skin, etc, are all exceptionally joyful and intimate moments for the mother.
Also Read: How To Hold Your Newborn: Parenting Tips
However, the flip side to it is the part in which she has to take care of the baby's constant needs, clean up after him/her, adapt to his/her daily routine, etc.
Initially, it is rather difficult to tell what the baby needs. Is the milk keeping him/her full? What are his/her napping patterns? How should you clean him/her?
Hundreds of such questions and doubts cloud the mind of a new mother.
Hygiene is one of the important factors that is required to keep a newborn healthy and free from infections. So, regularly cleaning the baby and making sure he/she is given a bath is crucial.
Also Read: Caring For Your Newborn's Umbilical Cord
But, is it safe to bathe a newborn too often? Will the constant contact with water affect his/her still-developing immune system?
If you have these doubts, then read on to find out about some of the bathing tips for a newborn.
Newborn And The Bathing Routine
Maternity experts say that, although maintaining the newborn's hygiene is important, it is not necessary to bathe them on a daily basis. The skin of a newborn can be quite slippery and soft and one has to be highly careful in handling the tender delicate parts to avoid falls or injuries during bath time.
Also, bathing the newborn every day can eliminate the moisture in their tender skin and make the skin dry and flaky. So, it is advisable to bathe them about twice or thrice in a week. It can also make them more prone to common cold and flu if you bathe them daily.
Bathing a newborn requires a lot of practice, as they must be handled with care. The mother must choose a time when she is not in a hurry to bathe the child, so that it can be done perfectly.
Ideally, the newborn can be bathed in a shallow tub or a clean sink, with water that is lukewarm.
On the days that you are not bathing the newborn, you can wipe the baby's face, genitals and bottom with baby wet wipes at regular intervals. You can also use baby powder to keep your baby fresh and clean.
- babySafest Ways To Sterilise Your Baby's Bottles
- basics6 Skincare Mistakes To Avoid While Pregnant
- basicsWorld Fertility Day: The Decline of Fertility Rate In India: What Does It Mean?
- festivalsPitru Paksha 2022: Precautions That Pregnant Women Must Abide By
- bollywood wardrobeKoffee With Karan 7: Sonam Kapoor Nails Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown!
- basics4 Weird Pregnancy Superstitions That Could Actually Be True For These Reasons
- prenatal8 Study-Based And Anecdotal Ways To Predict The Gender Of A Baby, By NCBI
- disorders cureWhat Is Double Didelphys Or Double Uterus? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- basicsLaunch Of Mum2b : Expert Support For Expecting Mothers By Apollo Women’s Hospitals
- babyCovid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know