In the recent wake of the spurt of swine flu cases, a committee set by the Health Ministry indicated that there is no need for mass vaccination.
Due to the increasing number of cases of deaths from swine flu, the demand for vaccines has shot up across the country. There has also been an increase in the demand from across many states.
Studies have shown that the vaccination provides about 60%-70% of protection from the virus for about a year. It takes about two weeks for the immunity to develop.
The committee in its report has stated that mass vaccination is not required. According to the existing guidelines, vaccination is recommended for pregnant women, people with chronic illnesses and for people with conditions like diabetes, cancer and impaired immune system.
It also stated that people over the age of 65 and children who are between six months to eight years also need to be vaccinated.
In this article, we have also mentioned some of the top tips and measures to prevent swine flu. Read further to know about swine flu prevention measures.
1. Stay At Home If You're Sick:
If you're sick, you need to stay at home and not make matters worse for yourself as well as for the others. Remember to stay at home for 24 hours after the fever is gone.
2. Wash Your Hands Thoroughly And Frequently:
Use soap and water as well as alcohol-based sanitizer to wash your hands. Also, remember to wash it frequently. This is one of the top tips to prevent swine flu.
3. Cover Your Mouth During Cough And Sneezes:
You need to cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. To avoid contaminating your hands, use a disposable tissue. This is one of the top swine flu prevention measures.
4. Avoid Contact:
Stay away from people who are infected as much as possible. And if you're at a high risk from its complications like if you're below 5 years or older than 65 years, pregnant or have a chronic medical condition, then you need to be extra careful and also avoid swine barns.
5. Reduce Exposure Within Your Household:
If a member of your house has swine flu, then only one person must be assigned to take care of the ill person.
- How To Treat Swine Flu When Pregnant
- 10 Natural Home Remedies For Cold And Flu
- 10 Mind-blowing Ways To Prevent Cold And Flu
- Incorporate These 10 Healthy Habits To Avoid Getting Sick
- 9 Surprising Facts About Common Cold You Never Knew!
- Swap Antibiotics With These Home Remedies to Treat Cold & Flu
- Put An End To Flu & Clean Your Lungs With This Powerful Home Remedy
- 22 Superfoods To Cure Cold Naturally
- Try These Immune-boosting Foods For Cold & Flu This Winter!
- New Vaccine Developed For Protection Against Different Flu Strains
- Best Natural Foods To Fight Belly Flu
- Protein That May Treat Flu Symptoms, Cut Death Risk Identified