A new study has found that this one fruit can help in preventing heart attacks. The fruit we are talking about here is nothing else than the humble banana.
It has been found that bananas can help prevent heart attack and stroke risk, as per a latest study.
Researchers have found that potassium in the fruit fights against the hardening and narrowing of the arteries.
They confirmed these effects after analysing mice, which were at the risk of heart disease.
The mice were fed with either low, normal or high levels of potassium and the results showed that the arteries of the mice fed with a low-potassium diet became harder.
On the contrary, animals that were given high potassium had substantially less artery hardening and reduced stiffness in the aorta.
This vital mineral is known to prevent heart attack and stroke risk in humans.
In this article, we have also mentioned some of the top foods to eat to prevent heart attack risk. Read further to know about the foods that can prevent heart attack risk.
Berries are chocked with heart-healthy phytonutrients and soluble fibre. You can try adding blueberries, strawberries, etc., in your daily cereal. This is one of the best foods to prevent heart attack.
2. Flax Seeds:
Flax seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and phytoestrogens to boost your heart health. You can take them in ground or milled form to reap its benefits.
3. Dark Beans:
Dark beans, like kidney or black beans, are high in fibre, B-vitamins, minerals, etc., that can protect your heart against heart attacks. This is one of the top foods that can prevent heart attack risk.
Tomatoes contain lycopene, vitamin C, alpha- and beta-carotene that help in protecting against heart diseases.
5. Dark Chocolate:
Consuming dark chocolate that contains 70% cocoa helps protect against heart diseases and fights against heart attack risk.
- 10 Helpful Tips To Follow After Experiencing A Heart Attack Scare
- Can Heart Attack Symptoms Be Different In Men And Women?
- Warnings Signs Of A Heart Attack That Can Be Found In Your Eyelids
- 8 Heart Healthy Fruits and Why You Should Have Them
- WARNING: 6 Heart Attack Symptoms You Need to Know Right Now!
- Surprising Heart Attack Warning Signs That You Never Knew!
- Avoid These Foods Immediately, As These Can Increase Your Risk Of Heart Attack
- Top Symptoms Of Heart Attack That Occur Only In Women
- New Algorithm Can Quickly Diagnose Heart Attacks
- Study Says Risk Of A Heart Attack Is High During Winter; Know The Reasons
- One Month Before A Heart Attack Your Body Sends These 7 Signs! Read To Know
- Scientists Develop New Way To Repair Damaged Hearts
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart