If you are trying to lose weight then you need to be very careful about the food that you eat. Having protein rich foods like chicken, fish and dairy products along with sugary fruit juice aids in weight gain, according to a study.
In addition to this, the food combination can also induce cravings for unhealthy junk food.
The study published in BMC Nutrition's latest journal, pointed that consuming these sugary drinks can decrease fat oxidation, which is responsible for starting the breakdown of fat molecules by about 8 percent.
Commenting on the study, the lead author Shanon Casperson from USDA-Agricultural Research Service Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Centre in the US said,"We were surprised by the impact that the sugar-sweetened drinks had on metabolism when they were paired with higher-protein meals. This combination also increased study subjects' desire to eat savoury and salty foods for four hours after eating."
About 27 healthy-weight adults (13 male and 14 female), who were on average 23-years old, were taken up for the study purpose.
- Overweight Teens At A Risk of Developing Colon Cancer
- What Happens When You Drive For Over 2 Hours Everyday?
- Child Free Of HIV Virus After A Year Long Treatment
- H1N1 (Swine Flu): India Witness 600 Deaths, 12,500 Positive Cases Till Date in 2017
- Skipping Breakfast Can Lead To Gallstones Formation
- Are You Out In The Sun For Too Long? It Can Lead To This Problem
- 10 Myths And Truths About Chocolate You Should Know