- 1 hr ago Tanot Mata Mandir: History, Timings, When To Visit, And The War Miracles
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 13 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
- 18 hrs ago Your Next Laundry Load Needs These 4 Kitchen Ingredients
- Technology Ahead Of iPhone 14 Launch, iPhone 13 Is Available With Rs. 26,000 Discount
- News J&K govt sacks 4 employees for alleged terror links
- Movies Parizad Kolah Reveals Why She Couldn't Host India’s Laughter Champion; Actress Wants To Explore Acting
- Sports Grand Prix Badminton League 2022: Sharks score thrilling win, Bulls blank Tuskers
- Finance Buy This Second Largest Lead-Acid Battery Manufacturer Stock For 20% Gains, Revenue Grew 39% YoY
- Automobiles Upcoming Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 - Bigger & More Powerful
- Education ternational Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition: Toleration of Inhumanity
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
A new food trend is coming out of the American South, and people are curious about this unusual food combination: soda (Coke) and peanuts.
Eating crunchy and salty peanuts with a chilled soda is always fulfilling, however, the latest trend has presented the process in a bit different way, by putting peanuts in Cola bottle.
See the details.
History Behind The Combo
According to the National Peanut Board, the idea of combining salted peanuts in a bottle of soda is thought to have originated in the South in the early 20th century. This sweet-and-salty sensation has quickly spread across the Southern parts of America (especially in the rural South) and down to generations. People in modern America are still keeping the tradition alive. 
According to Rick McDaniel, a food historian and author, consuming the combo of peanuts and soda likely started in the 1920s, the time when packaged, shelled peanuts first came to the country stores and bottles of soda were already present.
The main objective of combining peanuts and soda will be to consume both the snack and the drink in one go. Therefore, people, especially those engaged in agricultural work, may not have wanted to consume peanuts with their dirty hands or to keep one of their hands free for work or due to water scarcity. Therefore, they are assumed to have dumped peanuts in the soda bottle, thus giving a great snack idea to the nation.
How Does The Combo Taste?
Salted peanuts and soda give a balanced flavour of salty and sweet. The peanuts maintain their crunchiness for longer hours and don't turn soggy. As the peanuts maintain their original texture and taste, it feels good to consume them with a chilled and sweet carbonated beverage. Also, make sure that it is regular soda and not diet soda, as the taste may be different.
- lifeViral Video: Swiggy Delivery Agent Waits Without Raincoat At Traffic Signal Amid Heavy Rainfall
If you have not yet tasted this latest combo, do give it a try and tell us about your experience in the comment section.
- wellnessSoda Increases Risk Of Early Death, Even If It's Diet Soda; Refreshing Alternatives You Can Drink Instead
- recipesBest Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- wellnessList Of 11 Foods That Cause Inflammation Of The Joints
- wellnessList Of 11 Foods You Can't Eat With Braces
- wellnessOne Can Of Soda Can Do This To Your Body!
- wellnessHealthy Drinks That Can Replace Soda
- wellnessAre You Addicted To Diet Soda?Reasons You Should Stop It Immediately
- wellnessWorst Foods That Can Cause High Blood Pressure
- diet fitnessDiet Drinks, Soda May Make You Gain Weight: Study
- basicsDo Artificially Sweetened Sodas Cause Infertility
- wellnessReason Why You Should Stop Drinking Soda & Opt for Stairs At Work
- wellness7 Surprising Ways To Prevent A Hangover