- Travel Dreamy Ice Hotel Now Opens In Canada – Why does it look familiar?
- Technology Here’s How Much Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Will Cost In India
- Sports MI Cape Town all-rounder Odean Smith claims the standard of SA20 has been amazing
- News Stop seeing through ears and brain: Visva Bharati University to Mamata Banerjee
- Movies Drastic Change In The TRP Report Of Sun Tv Serials: Vanathai Pola Beats Iniya And Ethirneechal!
- Education TNDTE Diploma Result Announced; Check Details Here
- Finance Jump Of Upto 15% From This Mid Cap Stock
- Automobiles Hyundai Creta, Alcazar Updated – Gets New Diesel Engine & More Features
In 2010, the United Nations declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's birthday (15 October) as World Students' Day to honour his accomplishments in the field of science and technology and the stupendous role he played as a teacher throughout his scientific and political careers.
On this day, dignitaries from political parties and people from all walks of life pay homage to Abdul Kalam. Ceremonies and programmes take place in schools and colleges in his remembrance.
Millions of students across the world still consider Abdul Kalam an inspirational role model due to his hard work, sincerity, humility and positivity.
History of World Students' Day
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's strong commitment to education made him excel in his academics and career. His ideologies were very clear and he strongly believed that to rise from being an average student, only textbook knowledge isn't sufficient and he or she should explore all the options like reading theories and understanding their practical applications.
Throughout his political and scientific career, Dr Kalam considered himself a teacher and he felt very pleased when he addressed students. He was so much inclined towards teaching and inspiring students that after quitting the post of Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government, he became a teacher.
His knowledge, writing and motivational quotes inspired many youths so much so that the UN declared his birthday World Students' Day in 2010.
Objectives Of World Students' Day
- Students should have an aim in life, grasp knowledge from everywhere, work hard towards their goal and never accept defeat.
- Students should also focus on moulding their character so that they can become better people.
- A student should lead a strictly disciplined life.
- An ideal student should imbibe all the good qualities and present himself as a role model for other students.
- insyncWorld Radio Day 2023: History, Theme, Significance, And Activities
- lifeInternational Aviation Day 2020: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- wellness14 Habits Of World's Healthiest People
- pulseVienna Remains The World's Most Liveable City In 2019, According To The Economist Intelligence Unit
- pulseUnheard Guinness World Records That Will Leave You Surprised
- pulseDog Helps His Owner Earn Money By Posing As Statue
- pulseMan Ate Expired Food For One Year!
- pulseThis Pic Of Bird Feeding Cigarette Butt To Its Baby Will Break Your Heart
- pulseMan Pays $9,100 For A Florida Villa, But Actually Bought A 30 cm-Wide Strip Of Lawn Instead!
- insyncEveryone Can Explore And Encounter The World Through The All-New Likee!
- pulseThis Norwegian Island Will Be The World’s First Time-Free Zone!
- pulseDolls Outnumber Humans In A Village In Japan