- 42 min ago COVID-19 Lambda Variant, A New ‘Variant Of Interest’, WHO: Everything You Need To Know
- 43 min ago The Family Man 2 Actress Priya Mani Raj’s Stylish Braid Hairstyles Will Instantly Amp Up Your Hair Game
- 58 min ago Kabirdas Jayanti 2021: Muhurat And Significance Of The Festival
- 3 hrs ago Madhuri Dixit’s Backless Kurti And Black Sharara Makes For A Stylish Sangeet Ceremony Outfit
- News UK Court refuses Nirav Modi's application to prevent his extradition to India
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Shifts Into Her New Apartment In Mumbai; Shares Picture Of Her Pet Aura From The House
- Sports England vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20I: My11 Team, Probable Playing 11, Telecast in India and Live Streaming Info
- Finance India Pesticides IPO Opens Today: Check IPO Subscription Details
- Technology Garena Free Fire Redeem Code Reward List: Get 3x Weapon Royale Voucher, Other Benefits
- Automobiles Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- Education KVS Admission 2021: Class 1 First Provisional Selection List Expected Today
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
This is a real-life story of young Lucy Parke who got famous for her unusual condition. The little girl suffered from a rare condition, in which she aged 8 times faster than her friends and eventually died at the age of 8 years.
Check out the heart-wrenching condition that Lucy Parke suffered from and eventually lost the battle of fighting this condition.
Find out more details on the condition the little girl suffered from.
She Was A Normal Baby At Birth
When Lucy Parke was born, she was a regular baby, but her condition of Hutchinson Gilford Progeria syndrome was discovered when she was 9 months old.
About The Condition
Research reveals that the Hutchinson-Gilfords syndrome, which is also known as Progeria, is a rare condition which affects young children. This condition is believed to be extremely aggressive. It is an extremely rare disease that affects approximately one newborn in eight million.
This Condition Is Not Seen At The Time Of Birth
Doctors claim that this condition, named "Hutchinson Gilford syndrome", is not detected at the time of birth. The condition is seen when the child starts to grow and is often seen by 9-24 months of age and these children are seen to age rapidly than the regular kids.
She Was A Regular Kid
Despite her condition, Lucy loved to entertain others by her sweet infectious smile that made her one of the most lovable kid among her bunch of friends.
But She Was In Constant Pain As Well
Lucy suffered from arthritis and heart problems at this tender age. Apart from this, she also had problems with her knees and ankles and she could barely eat or gain weight. Amidst all this, she had also undergone a hip operation.
She Went Places To Meet Other Kids
Lucy's mother claimed that the family travelled to different places, where Lucy could meet other kids, who suffered from the same condition. Her mum revealed:"We went to two places like England and Italy. It's a good opportunity for Lucy to meet other kids like her and have the same limitations. She is very shy, but when she starts playing with other children, she comes out of herself."
But Eventually She Lost Her Battle
At the age of 8 years, she lost her battle and her family broke the news to their near and dear ones. For sure, little Lucy's smile will remain in most of our hearts and we wish there is a cure that is discovered to heal this condition.
Wish to read more such interesting stories? Then do let us know in the comment section below.
All Images Source