Today on Google doodle, the search engine celebrates the 91st birthday of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
The colourful doodle depicts the magical city of Macondo, created by Colombian author who was also a journalist and a Nobel laureate in his critically acclaimed book, "A Hundred Years of Solitude".
Read on to know more details on the same.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez was fondly called Gabo and was born on this day in 1927, which marks its 91 years today.
In his career, Gabo was known to have penned over 25 books. He rose to fame with his popularized magical realism, which in other words is a literary technique in which magical elements are incorporated into realistic situations.
Google Doodle Celebrates Har Gobind Khorana's Birth Anniversary!
About The Doodle
Google in its blog explains the doodle as, "Deep in the Amazonian jungle, through the lush green canopy and multi-hued vibrance of the hot and humid rainforest, look carefully and you might catch a glimpse of a city of mirrors; a city separated from the world by an expanse of water and yet reflecting everything in and about it; a city that is home to the Buendia family and the site of strange otherworldly happenings. Here, little fish made of pure gold dazzle the eye; large yellow butterflies flit through the flowers; a train chugs along once in a blue moon; and the only visitors are the all-knowing, mysterious gypsies who come bearing strange tales."
The Death Of Marquez
According to the records, Marquez died on April 17, 2014, when he was 87 years old and was living in the Mexico city at the time of his death. He was described as "the greatest Colombian of all time" by the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos. The President further added, "Such giants never die."
For more interesting trivia and facts, keep checking our section.
- Google Doodle Pays Tribute To ‘Father Of Indian Cinema’ - Dadasaheb Phalke
- Google Doodle Marks The 114th Birth Anniversary Of KL Saigal
- Google Doodle Celebrates Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay's Birthday
- Google Celebrates The Chipko Movement With A Doodle
- Google Doodle Remembers Late Actor Farooque Shaikh’s Birthday
- Google Is Honouring The Woman Who Helped Clean The Seas Off The Nuclear Bombs: Katsuko Saruhashi
- Google Marks Shehnai Maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan's Birthday With A Doodle
- Google Celebrates 30th Anniversary Of Pi Day With Today's Doodle
- Doodle Celebrates Sir William Henry Perkin's Birthday
- Google Doodle Is Celebrating Winter Paralympics
- The International Woman's Day Google Encourages Ladies Across The World To Share Their Stories
- Google Doodle Celebrates The Closing Ceremony Of Winter Olympics