- 8 hrs ago Dark Green Or Bright Yellow, Which Saree Of Kriti Sanon Would You Want To Drape?
- 9 hrs ago 12 Ways To Use Milk To Get Beautiful Skin
- 11 hrs ago COVID-19 & Coconut Oil: Can It Help Fight The Pandemic? Doctor Mentions Kerala In Study
- 11 hrs ago 8 Things To Discuss About Your Past Relationships With Your Partner
- Sports Everton 1-1 Southampton: Richarlison secures point for Toffees
- Movies Gautham Menon To Team Up With These Filmmakers For A Web Series!
- News Missing Seoul mayor's body found after missing report
- Automobiles 2020 Vespa VXL & SXL Facelift Models Pre Bookings Commence Ahead Of Launch
- Technology TikTok's New Rival TakaTak Launched By MX Player: Here Are All Details
- Finance TCS Reports 14% Decline In Q1 Net Profit; Declares Interim Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
In a team, only your team leader or manager has the right to tell you what you should be doing. But sometimes even your teammates can make it their sacred duty to tell you what to do and how to do it. That is when you know you have to deal with a dominating colleague. Knowing how to tackle dominating colleagues really helps you salvage your pride in office.
Sometimes working with a domineering colleague can be downright insulting. This is because this particular person might boss you around even in front of your own co-workers. That is why you must know how to tackle a dominating colleague. And when you deal with a dominating colleague, you must do so without polluting the work environment.
Here are 7 simple steps on how to tackle a dominating colleague:
Ignorance Is Bliss
If you are not a confrontational person, then it is best to totally ignore a dominating person. Whenever this person opens his or her mouth, just tune out mentally. However, if this is causing you stress, then move on to the next step.
Confront Softly But Directly
Take the source of your troubles out for lunch and suggest very politely that his or her behaviour is inappropriate. Some people are bossy by nature. So, they do not realise what they are doing is called ‘bossing'.
Taste Of Own Medicine
If the confrontation does not work, then give this colleague a taste of his or her own medicine. Start interfering in his or her work by telling him/her what and how it should be done. If the person gets angry and yells at you; tell him or her that is exactly how you feel.
Write A Mail
Sometimes, making it official works, so put it on a mail. Write a personal mail to your colleague saying that his or her dominating nature is affecting the work environment.
CC Boss With Love
If even the mail doesn't work, then the next mail should go with a cc (copy marked) to your boss. Let your boss know that you have a problem and you are willing to make it official.
A Private Talk With Boss
Sometimes, your superiors might be the only people who can help you deal with such people. So tell your boss exactly you feel and ask for help. It will be easy because technically, a dominating colleague is trying to take your boss' place.
Speak To HR
The human resources department exists so that such problems can be addressed. If you feel that your boss is not taking your complaint seriously, you can take the matter to the HR. However, this would mean an all-out war and should be avoided till the matter is very serious.
Here are the seven simple steps to deal with dominating colleagues at your workplace.