- 6 hrs ago Rihanna’s Latest Magazine Cover Is A Literal Tribute To The Nude Make-up Gods
- 7 hrs ago COVID-19: How Does Quarantine Affect Your Mental Health?
- 8 hrs ago 10 Best Kitchen-Friendly Herbs To Boost Immunity During COVID-19
- 8 hrs ago Nargis Fakris Creates A Make-up Look Inspired By Her Wig During Quarantine And We’re Impressed!
- Movies Ajay Devgn At 51: Five Reasons Why 'Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha' With This Birthday Boy!
- News COVID-19: India reports 437 cases in 24 hours, 1,834 people infected
- Sports Coronavirus: US Open organisers push ahead with slam plans after Wimbledon blow
- Technology BSNL Launches Three Plans For Prepaid Customers; Offering Content From Eros Now
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For March 2020: Hyundai India registers A 41% Decline In Sales
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In April
- Finance RBI's Moratorium On Credit Card Dues: Should You Avail It?
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
The rules of office gossip are such that the person who is being talked about is the last to know. But is if you are indeed a victim of office gossip, then you will eventually come to know that your colleagues are gossiping about you. Now gossip always happens behind your back; it is you are not particularly observant, you may not notice any change. Here are some signs to know that your office colleagues are gossiping about you.
Have you ever walked into a room and felt a sudden and awkward silence? It is because; people were talking about you just moments ago and stopped when they saw you coming.
Do your colleagues give each other knowing smiles and talk in innuendos when you are around? This speaking in code language is necessary because you are the subject of the gossip.
Have you ever heard giggles behind your back as you pass by? These giggles suppressed laughter and you are obviously the subject of the joke.
Usually, it is the people closest to you who start rumours and gossip about you. You may get to hear it from mere acquaintances whom you barely know.What a victim of office gossip should do?
Never Explain Yourself
Most office gossips are untrue. So if you have done nothing, then you do not have to explain anything to anyone. Explaining will be a validation for these gossips.
Gossip is against work ethics because it hampers the victim's work. But quitting your job will only serve to embolden those who spread rumours about you. So grit your teeth and stick around. Never back down to a situation.
Wait For It To Fizzle Out
The only good thing about office gossip is that it fizzles out quickly. The people who gossip get bored quickly if they cannot get a reaction out of you. So the forget about the old stories and look for fresh meat elsewhere.
Stand Up To Gossipers
When you heard that awkward silence or suppressed giggle behind your back, turn around and give the people involved a hard stare. It will give them the message that you know and you won't tolerate anymore nonsense.
It is not easy to stand up against a group of people making fun of you behind your back. But it is one of the perils of corporate life and you have to deal with it.