- 5 min ago Monsoon Deals On Kitchen Essentials: Up To 52% Off On Coffee Maker, Water Purifier, Dinner Set, Cookware & Mor
- 21 min ago Hotel That Never Lands: Nuclear-Powered, AI-Piloted Flying Hotel Video Amazes And Irks Netizens
- 58 min ago NTAGI Recommends Vaccination Against Cervical Cancer And Typhoid: Sources
- 1 hr ago World Tourism Day 2022: Date, Theme, Benefits, History, And Significance
- News ‘Acted faster than Rafale jet’: Sanjay Raut's swipe at governor over floor test order
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Chennaiyin FC makes first Asian signing; ropes in Iranian defender Vafa Hakhamaneshi
- Movies Johnny Depp's Rep Denies Reports Of Him Returning As Jack Sparrow, Actor Spotted In Paris In A New Look
- Finance Buy This Navratna PSU Stock For Over 22% Gains In 12-18 Months: ICICI Direct
- Technology Pokemon Go Developer Working On Real-World Metaverse NBA Mobile Game
- Education NEET 2022: Exam City Intimation Slip Released By NTA At neet.nta.nic.in, Admit Card To Release Soon
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
There is lesser chance for the wise decisions, with more information about the options, say the experts. To fully appreciate the long term option, people have to choose it repeatedly and begin to feel the benefits.
In a real-life scenario, a student who stayed home to study and then learned he had missed a fun party would be less likely to study next time in a similar situation — even if that option provides more long-term benefits. Generally people have the tendency to stay away from thinking about the short-term pains and gains. They have the tendency to get sunk and end up worse off, explains the psychologists.
The research done by the psychologists from University of Texas at Austin, has been published online in the journal Judgment and Decision Making.
- disorders cureWhat Is Gauchais Reaction, The Art Of Subconsciously Mirroring A Person?
- newsNCBS Study Reveals Stress Can Affect The Removal Of Fear Memory
- lifeHave You Ever Dreamt Of Your Teeth Falling Off?
- wellnessWhat Is Hypnotherapy And How Does It Work?
- lifeInteresting Analysis Based On The Shape Of Your Lips
- pulseHow To Trust A Person Based On His/Her Behaviour
- pulsePsychological Tricks That Can Get You What You Want
- wellnessYoga For Psychological Distress Caused By Break-ups
- kids7 Best Tips To Raise An Introverted Child
- wellnessSimple Home Solutions To Deal With Psychological Changes
- kidsHow To Deal With A Depressed Child?
- kidsUsing Reverse Psychology To Calm Your Rebellious Child