- 28 min ago Q-Rious 2019: A Corporate Networking Event For LGBTQ+ Community Is Going To Be Held In Delhi
- 31 min ago Malavika Mohanan Makes Us Want To Up Our Dress Game With Casual Outfits
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon's Sister Nupur Sanon's Attire Is For Ladies Who Want To Keep It Elaborate Yet Simple
- 2 hrs ago Housefull 4 Actress Pooja Hegde Walks The Ramp For Manish Malhotra In A Floral Lehenga
- Finance Why Did Bharti Airtel Shares Gain In Trade On Friday Despite Massive Q2 Loss?
- News In Pics: CJI Ranjan Gogoi's farewell at the Supreme Court
- Travel Jabalpur - A Dream Destination For All Seasons
- Technology Vodafone Idea's ARPU Declines To Rs.107 During Q2FY20
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings release 5 players: Who are released, retained, purse available for IPL auction
- Movies Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Visit Golden Temple With Their Families PICS
- Automobiles Jawa Perak Launched In India At Rs 1.94 Lakh: New Bobber-Style Jawa To Rival RE Classic 350
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
Born on 20 August 1944, Rajiv Gandhi served as the Prime Minister of India from 1984 to 1989. He was the 6th Prime Minister and the last member of the Nehru-Gandhi family to hold the post of Prime Minister of India.
Today on his 75th birth anniversary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. He tweeted saying, "Tributes to our former PM Shri Rajiv Gandhi on his birth anniversary".
On 21 May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a public meeting while campaigning in Tamil Nadu's Sriperumbudur for a Lok Sabha Congress candidate.
The Congress observes this day as 'Sadbhavna Divas'. Today, on Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary, here are some ground-breaking quotes of the former Prime Minister.
"Development is not about factories, dams and roads. Development is about people. The goal is material, cultural and spiritual fulfilment for the people. The human factor is of supreme value in development."
"Women are the social conscience of a country. They hold our societies together."
"Education must be a great equaliser in our society. It must be the tool to level the differences that our various social systems have created over the past thousands of years."
"Every person should take a lesson from history. We should understand that wherever there have been internal fights and conflicts in the country, the country has been weakened. Due to this, the danger from outside increases. The country has to pay a big price due to this type of weakness."
"For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls."
"If farmers become weak the country loses self-reliance but if they are strong, freedom also becomes strong. If we do not maintain our progress in agriculture, poverty cannot be eliminated from India. But our biggest poverty alleviation program is to improve the living standard of our farmers. The thrust of our poverty alleviation programs is on the uplift of the farmers."
"The terrorists are busy in and outside the country in such activities which are a danger to the unity and integrity of the country."
"When a big tree falls, the ground shakes."
"Our task today is to bring India to the threshold of the twenty-first century, free of burden of poverty, legacy of our colonial past, and capable of meeting the rising aspirations of our people."
"We must see that regional imbalances in the growth of various parties of the country are removed and all the states progress evenly. We shall ensure that all citizens of the country get full opportunity to contribute their might towards India's progress."