- 5 hrs ago 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- 5 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 1: Orange Make-up Looks To Celebrate Colour Of The Day
- 6 hrs ago Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- 7 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Karishma Tanna And Others Gave Us Casual Fashion Goals At This Event
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Automobiles Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Sometimes, people try very weird treatments to cure their ailments. From leech therapy to using a plier to pull out the tooth, there are many bizarre treatments that most of us are still not aware of.
Here is one such rare treatment or rather a process in which a woman cleanses people's eyes. She is known to be the eye-washing master.
Check out more details of her career and process of cleaning people's eyes!
This Has Been An Intriguing Chinese Custom
The eye-washing has been an intriguing Chinese custom that has been passed down through the ages. The place is run by a woman named Huang Baomei who also happens to be the only eye-washing master in Malaysia.
The Place Has An Unusual Service
The shop offers an unusual service, known as eye cleaning. According to the reports, the shop has been there around for more than 80 years and this eye-cleansing routine has been in practice for more than 4 generations.
About The Whole Process
Apparently the shop had started off as a barber shop eight decades ago and the place later introduced services using traditional Chinese methods of washing one's eyes, ears, and nose.
How Are The Eyes Cleansed?
It starts with Huang massaging one's eyes while they are closed. She later carefully folds back the eyelids and applies some medicinal mixture inside the eyes. This mixture is an ancestral recipe made by using herbs and ingredients. She uses a cotton swab and lightly rubs it back and forth behind the eyelids, and carefully picks out the impurities. She claims that it promotes the blood circulation and cleanses the eyes properly.
The End Result
After cleaning the eyes, she will place the impurities in a glass of water to show the client on how much dirt was floating in your eyes. Though the process looks painful, it is claimed not to hurt and instead help the individual feel refreshed.
What is your take on this? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.