- 1 hr ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 2 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 4 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- 4 hrs ago Viral: In A Sweet Gesture, A Husband Becomes 'Human Chair' For Pregnant Wife
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Sports Top guns all confirm for Australian Open
- News Internet suspended across Assam till Monday over citizenship act protests
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Movies Samantha Akkineni Rejects Pawan Kalyan's Comeback Movie? Deets Inside!
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Is Christmas Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
There are several unusual conditions that people suffer from and understanding these conditions can be quite a task for the common man.
According to medics, a girl in Florida suffers from a rare condition where the doctors are not able to diagnose her disease.
The girl has an abnormally large brain and head, and the medics are not able to diagnose her condition.
Here are the details of the girl, Katie Renfroe and her rare condition that is still nameless...
Katie Had Seizures At A Young Age
When Katie Renfroe was just nine months old, she could not walk or talk. She even suffered from seizures and needed brain surgery. She had an abnormally large brain and head.
Her Mother Knew That The Baby Would Suffer From...
While Katie's mum was still pregnant with her, doctors revealed to her that the baby would suffer from megalencephaly.
She Was Initially Diagnosed With Megalencephaly
Katie Renfroe was initially diagnosed with a growth development disorder named ‘megalencephaly.' This is a condition that causes overgrowth of the brain, but the doctors had to change their minds later.
Her Surgeries Include
Since the time Katie was born, she has had brain surgery, and her tonsils and feeding tube were removed. They downsized her ear, tongue and smooth cheeks several times and she also had two cysts removed from her head.
She Needs To Be Fed Through A Pipe
The main side effects of Katie's condition include seizures. She can't talk or walk, and everything she eats has to be pureed. She has to be fed through a feeding tube.
Despite Her Condition, She Still Loves Her Life
Despite her condition, Katie has been able to work on computers, and she also attends a school for children with disabilities. However, unfortunately, the doctors are still not able to diagnose her condition.
Her Condition Remains Undiagnosed
Her condition remains undiagnosed, and her future prognosis is still unknown. We hope the medics come up with a miracle solution and help her lead a regular healthy life.
Wish to read more interesting stories, then share your thoughts in the comment section below.