Imagine your entire life getting spoilt by just a little fever? What if you realise that everything in your life has changed after you got a fever due to an unexpected reason like an allergy due to the mould in your house?
Sounds crazy, right? But this is what happened in this case where a young boy's entire life has changed after he contracted a fever due to the mould in his house.
Check out the details of young William who started behaving in a strange manner, and he apparently begged his parents to kill him.
Learn more about this bizarre condition that the boy suffered from.
William Became Ill
When William was down with fever, he became violent and started hallucinating. It was so severe that he even started begging his parents to kill him.
The Parents Believe
The parents believe that the condition lay dormant before the fever that William suffered from and it was apparently triggered by the mould on the walls of the house that the family used to live in.
He Changed Overnight
After a week of being unwell, William started becoming really aggressive and violent. He seemed to look different, he even looked pale, and his eyes were sunken.
He Could Not Recognise His Own Family
William started hallucinating. He started saying there was blood that was dripping down the curtain. His condition was so extreme that he could not remember his own family. He would look at his mother and say ‘where's my mum?'
After A Year Of Struggle Doctors Recognised His Condition
After a year of struggle, the doctors were finally able to recognise his condition as something called PANS/PANDAS. This condition is caused when an infection triggers a misdirected immune response which can result in brain inflammation.
The condition is believed to affect one in 200 kids. There are chances that this condition can cause OCD and eating disorders among patients. But it can often be treated with a two-week course of antibiotics.
His Sister Believes He Ruined Her Life
William's sister Charlotte believes that he has ruined her life to a great extent as she is often sleeping at friends' houses. The mother claims that it's an impossible situation which she cannot explain to a ten-year-old.
The Family Was Convinced That He Got The Infection Due To The Mould
When Williams was examined, doctors found out that his test results showed high levels of toxic substances that were produced by a fungus. William's mum believed that the PANS/PANDA can't be treated until his body is completely free of them. His condition improved after he moved out into a new house.
We wish the boy recovers soon. What do you think of this case? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship